RD 6, pick 19 (203): Marquez Stevenson, WR (Houston)

Draft Pick Approval  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of this pick?

• Approve
    • Disapprove
    • I Don't Know

I agree with others than note Shi Smith taken one pick later.

Mostly on the basis of Senior Bowl practice reports and game results. 

Shi Smith was rated a tick higher by most outlets.

Stevenson did report that he consistently runs 4.38 in training. 

Also, the 6.46 3-cone is 100th percentile.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

Usually, I take a guy's "I ran slow that day, but I'm actually 4.x" with a grain of salt, but based on the highlights this guy is telling the truth.  That is elite game speed right there.  At a minimum, he looks like an impactful gadget player/returner, with the potential for more.  Seems like outstanding value in the 6th round.  Already excited to see him suit up to see what he's got.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Usually, I take a guy's "I ran slow that day, but I'm actually 4.x" with a grain of salt, but based on the highlights this guy is telling the truth.  That is elite game speed right there.  At a minimum, he looks like an impactful gadget player/returner, with the potential for more.  Seems like outstanding value in the 6th round.  Already excited to see him suit up to see what he's got.

Hopefully a younger, cheaper McKenzie, on a contract the Bills control for 4 years, and has better hands returning. 

Really excited to see what he can bring. He is facing a learning curve no question. To max out his potential as a NFL receiver he needs to refine/develop his route tree, learn to use his hands (body catcher) and up his physicality (blocking downfield, beating press coverage) a notch - and of course avoid injury down time. If he is able to do these things he will turn out to be a major steal of the draft.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I agree with others than note Shi Smith taken one pick later.

Mostly on the basis of Senior Bowl practice reports and game results. 

Shi Smith was rated a tick higher by most outlets.

Stevenson did report that he consistently runs 4.38 in training. 

Also, the 6.46 3-cone is 100th percentile.

Lost in all of this is that the kid had an ACL injury that is typically a two-year to return back to 100% injury

On 5/1/2021 at 3:42 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Sanders isn’t a sure thing either. They are so deep at wr. If he’s lost a step and this kid has Potential who knows. 

Gabe, Diggs, Beasley, Isaiah, Emmanuel, this kid, who knows about hudgens, etc

On Film he looks like a high draft pick. He will will get a chance!

11 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

There's another old school wr he reminds me of who had game breaking speed, but only ran a 4.49 at his combine.... Marquez's highlights remind me of James Jett. 

Edited by Motorin'

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

In case anyone has a sub to Go Long:

He runs very fast.....then he just keeps accelerating

Having some preseason games will be more appreciated than ever this year! You don’t know what you have till you lose it. I look forward to getting a glimpse of him on the field. 

7 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Amazing that he falls to Round 6 and a guy like Toney goes at 20.

injuries and struggles at the senior bowl, Toney and Josh Palmer left people in their dust running routes at SB and both went earlier than expected.

marquez really struggled to separate in SB practice and it hurt him, but like his pro day, he appears to perform better and looks fast in actual game scenarios...which is what matters

• Thank you (+1) 1