Did Bill from NYC take control of Bills for this draft?

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am doing quite well, thanks. Had a health scare 5 1/2 years ago but the doctors say I am asymptomatic. God is with me and I am getting what I consider to be the best medical care in the world. 

I expected us to win the SB last year and we were close. 

2021 will be our year imo.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to hear! You're a legend on this board. Flattered by your response, much appreciated. I'm a rookie status on this site, but long in the tooth as a Buffalo sports fan. Go Bills!

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/1/2021 at 4:23 PM, Arm of Harm said:

For those who don’t know, Bill from NYC is a longtime poster best known for being the original author of the thread “A few thoughts about the game (in no particular order).” The other thing he’s known for is his strong opposition to using early picks on DBs or RBs. He generally wants to focus draft picks and other resources on the OL, but also on the DL. 

A draft like this seems exactly like something he would do! 😲

I though that was @Virgil that did that thread? Actually I'm pretty sure it is. Unless the Bill poster also does one, which I've never noticed. But anyway, no big deal either way....just wanted to give Virgil his credit because he does post some interesting thoughts in those threads.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

I though that was @Virgil that did that thread? Actually I'm pretty sure it is. Unless the Bill poster also does one, which I've never noticed. But anyway, no big deal either way....just wanted to give Virgil his credit because he does post some interesting thoughts in those threads.

Bill is the original creator of the post game thoughts.  I picked it up from him as he taught me everything I know

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

Apparently the 6th round is the place to address skill positions. All other rounds go to the trenches! 😮

I understand this sentiment, but we did get Levi Wallace and Dane Jackson pretty late in the draft too. Also, there is a chance a solid corner shakes free after other teams start trimming their rosters, we’ll see. We likely add a veteran corner sometime in the next few months IMO.

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

I understand this sentiment, but we did get Levi Wallace and Dane Jackson pretty late in the draft too. Also, there is a chance a solid corner shakes free after other teams start trimming their rosters, we’ll see. We likely add a veteran corner sometime in the next few months IMO.

My earlier post was a comment, not a complaint. I realize the Bills have limited resources, whether we're talking draft picks or salary cap space. Sometimes you have to roll with what you have, even if it's not what you'd necessarily wanted. With CB there's a chance of a guy like Dane Jackson stepping up, or maybe Wildgoose, or perhaps some other player. If none of those things happen there's always next year's draft. :)

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

During one season, I was getting divorced and couldn't get DTV in my new apartment. I watched the games in a sports bar, frantically taking notes. It wasn't so bad because several women actually approached me and asked if they could read what I was writing lol! They were curious about the song lyrics. :) 

Next time bring @Gungy as wing man,  He can tell them he will be playing the song.

9 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

My earlier post was a comment, not a complaint. I realize the Bills have limited resources, whether we're talking draft picks or salary cap space. Sometimes you have to roll with what you have, even if it's not what you'd necessarily wanted. With CB there's a chance of a guy like Dane Jackson stepping up, or maybe Wildgoose, or perhaps some other player. If none of those things happen there's always next year's draft. :)

Oh, I agree but there is zero chance we don’t add a veteran corner.

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

@Virgilis the USA as compared to England. He surpassed me and I am happy that he did so and quite proud of him. 

I want people to know that what Virgil does is not as easy as one would think. To post summaries as such is work. To do so, one must love the Bills and truly love TBD/TSW.  Remember, he is on his own. There are no Sundays off for him. The rewards however include creating dialogue, expressing your opinions, learning from other Bills Fans, and sharing the joy of wins (which were not so plentiful for me). 

During one season, I was getting divorced and couldn't get DTV in my new apartment. I watched the games in a sports bar, frantically taking notes. It wasn't so bad because several women actually approached me and asked if they could read what I was writing lol! They were curious about the song lyrics. :) 

I told Virgil that if given ample notice, I will fill in for him if he needs a week off.  Should this happen, don't expect my work to be as good as his!

Last season, I was thinking that we would win the Super Bowl. I was a huge Josh Allen Fan from day 1. As many of you probably know, I am a University of Alabama Crimson Tide fan for more than 50 years. I thought that both of my teams would be champions together.  Well, this year the Bills will do it imo. and; @Virgil will be the perfect person to lead our celebration.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill, always loved reading your few thoughts and also love reading Virgil's now as well as Shaw's Rockpile review. Have you considered resurrecting even with Virgil still doing his. Can't get too much of these excellent reviews (at least after a win)!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

Bill, always loved reading your few thoughts and also love reading Virgil's now as well as Shaw's Rockpile review. Have you considered resurrecting even with Virgil still doing his. Can't get too much of these excellent reviews (at least after a win)!

Bill knows it’s his back any time wants it 

Odds are we get one good NFL edge rusher and maybe a solid tackle out that emerge from our top 4 picks.  

Anything more than that would be amazing. 

Rookies can surpise everyone even if they get thrown in too early because of injury.  I feel like Basham will impact this year late season.

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

Bill is the original creator of the post game thoughts.  I picked it up from him as he taught me everything I know

Maybe you and @Bill from NYC should have an annual weekend at a cottage on the beach somewhere? IDK, just into bonding and collaboration.  :)

Heck, sign me up for a weekend at the beach, but I’d hate to the the third (unproductive) wheel. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

Oh I dunno as there were two DBs in this years draft...does one look anything like Donte Whitner?

Anyway, I as much as I like Groot and Boogie while doubling up on two pass rushers 1 & 2.

I literally man-love that 3rd round giant of a man in OT Spencer Brown who ran a 3 cone better than some DB's!! The crusher of hapless tables! 

Add to that in the 5th round, another Giant OT in Tommy Doyle with both men 6'8'' 300lbs plus. 

And finally in the 7th, OL Jack Anderson who could eventually convert to center.

10 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

@Virgilis the USA as compared to England. He surpassed me and I am happy that he did so and quite proud of him. 

I want people to know that what Virgil does is not as easy as one would think. To post summaries as such is work. To do so, one must love the Bills and truly love TBD/TSW.  Remember, he is on his own. There are no Sundays off for him. The rewards however include creating dialogue, expressing your opinions, learning from other Bills Fans, and sharing the joy of wins (which were not so plentiful for me). 

I told Virgil that if given ample notice, I will fill in for him if he needs a week off.  Should this happen, don't expect my work to be as good as his!

Last season, I was thinking that we would win the Super Bowl. I was a huge Josh Allen Fan from day 1. As many of you probably know, I am a University of Alabama Crimson Tide fan for more than 50 years. I thought that both of my teams would be champions together.  Well, this year the Bills will do it imo. and; @Virgil will be the perfect person to lead our celebration.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who are you kidding?  You were in it for t(e chics.  🤔😂🏈

Glad to hear you made it through.  Divorce is tough.  

I couldn’t agree more on Virgil’s work.

10 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Wallace was a walk on in college and an UDFA in the NFL....the long shot of long shots  :)

Dane looks to be the real deal too.  :)

On 5/7/2021 at 6:28 PM, Bill from NYC said:

I agree with you about Virgil doing very good work, but don't sell yourself short. Back in the day, your thread would be the first thing I'd look for after a game, and the one thread I'd want to read most. A perfect world for me looks like you doing your thread once again, while Virgil does his own "a few thoughts" thread. 👍