Did Bill from NYC take control of Bills for this draft?

For those who don’t know, Bill from NYC is a longtime poster best known for being the original author of the thread “A few thoughts about the game (in no particular order).” The other thing he’s known for is his strong opposition to using early picks on DBs or RBs. He generally wants to focus draft picks and other resources on the OL, but also on the DL. 

A draft like this seems exactly like something he would do! 😲

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

If so, I want him to buy me a drink.

We needed pass rush ... We got it

We drafted Sequoia's to protect our QB, in a couple of years.

We'll be a better team than we were Wednesday

Shouldn't you buy him a drink then frost? Just sayin... 😆 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

For those who don’t know, Bill from NYC is a longtime poster best known for being the original author of the thread “A few thoughts about the game (in no particular order).” The other thing he’s known for is his strong opposition to using early picks on DBs or RBs. He generally wants to focus draft picks and other resources on the OL, but also on the DL. 

So who were you before you made this profile in 2019? 😀

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

As this draft had unfolded, I thought of him many times and am imagining he can't stop grinning. Even he could not have imagined a GM, much less one working for the Bills, could place so much emphasis on the lines. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

A draft like this is something a 15-4 team with 95% returning starters and zero big losses does imo. 

Goes BPA in the trenches. We're a relatively smaller, faster unit , needed to get more powerful and physical up front. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/1/2021 at 4:23 PM, Arm of Harm said:

I did OK in the mock draft too lol.

I had the Dolphins and drafted Pitts, Leatherwood, and Eichenberg (who they actually drafted). :) 

This draft was wonderful. If should produce immedate and future results. Selecting at 30, I couldn't be much happier.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

On 5/1/2021 at 1:23 PM, Arm of Harm said:

Sooooooo, what was your user name before you made this profile in 2019?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I've followed this board since 07', just signed up recently. Bill from NYC was great for thoughts. Virgil can be considered the Rick Jeannerrette to Ted Darling follow up.

Does anyone know if Bill from NYC is ok? 

1 hour ago, PonyBoy said:

I've followed this board since 07', just signed up recently. Bill from NYC was great for thoughts. Virgil can be considered the Rick Jeannerrette to Ted Darling follow up.

I don’t know for sure as I don’t know him irl, but he still posts here. Not as often, but he’s still active. 

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I did OK in the mock draft too lol.

I had the Dolphins and drafted Pitts, Leatherwood, and Eichenberg (who they actually drafted). :) 

This draft was wonderful. If should produce immedate and future results. Selecting at 30, I couldn't be much happier.

I actually was thinking how satisfied you must have felt during this draft.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/1/2021 at 4:42 PM, NewEra said:

So who were you before you made this profile in 2019? 😀

I was the most charming, informative, intelligent, prescient, lovable, best all round poster here! 😎

Then I upped my game! 😮

Edited by Arm of Harm
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

I was the most charming, informative, intelligent, prescient, best all round poster here! 😎

Then I upped my game! 😮

That bad huh?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

I am doing quite well, thanks. Had a health scare 5 1/2 years ago but the doctors say I am asymptomatic. God is with me and I am getting what I consider to be the best medical care in the world. 

I expected us to win the SB last year and we were close. 

2021 will be our year imo.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 6

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Bill is a man wise Beyond his many years. 😃😇

I used to love you’re thoughts posts.  I’m glad Virgil kept it up.  I think he’s done well respecting you’re history.

good to hear from you friend.

@Virgilis the USA as compared to England. He surpassed me and I am happy that he did so and quite proud of him. 

I want people to know that what Virgil does is not as easy as one would think. To post summaries as such is work. To do so, one must love the Bills and truly love TBD/TSW.  Remember, he is on his own. There are no Sundays off for him. The rewards however include creating dialogue, expressing your opinions, learning from other Bills Fans, and sharing the joy of wins (which were not so plentiful for me). 

During one season, I was getting divorced and couldn't get DTV in my new apartment. I watched the games in a sports bar, frantically taking notes. It wasn't so bad because several women actually approached me and asked if they could read what I was writing lol! They were curious about the song lyrics. :) 

I told Virgil that if given ample notice, I will fill in for him if he needs a week off.  Should this happen, don't expect my work to be as good as his!

Last season, I was thinking that we would win the Super Bowl. I was a huge Josh Allen Fan from day 1. As many of you probably know, I am a University of Alabama Crimson Tide fan for more than 50 years. I thought that both of my teams would be champions together.  Well, this year the Bills will do it imo. and; @Virgil will be the perfect person to lead our celebration.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

@Virgilis the USA as compared to England. He surpassed me and I am happy that he did so and quite proud of him. 

I want people to know that what Virgil does is not as easy as one would think. To post summaries as such is work. To do so, one must love the Bills and truly love TBD/TSW.  Remember, he is on his own. There are no Sundays off for him. The rewards however include creating dialogue, expressing your opinions, learning from other Bills Fans, and sharing the joy of wins (which were not so plentiful for me). 

During one season, I was getting divorced and couldn't get DTV in my new apartment. I watched the games in a sports bar, frantically taking notes. It wasn't so bad because several women actually approached me and asked if they could read what I was writing lol! They were curious about the song lyrics. :) 

I told Virgil that if given ample notice, I will fill in for him if he needs a week off.  Should this happen, don't expect my work to be as good as his!

Last season, I was thinking that we would win the Super Bowl. I was a huge Josh Allen Fan from day 1. As many of you probably know, I am a University of Alabama Crimson Tide fan for more than 50 years. I thought that both of my teams would be champions together.  Well, this year the Bills will do it imo. and; @Virgil will be the perfect person to lead our celebration.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh captain, my captain 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2