RD 5, pick 17 (161): Tommy Doyle, OT (Miami, OH)

Draft Pick Approval  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of this pick?

• Approve
    • Disapprove
    • I Don't Know

3 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I do want to say something that may get me banned..., 

Find a pair and just say it.

17 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Welcome to the “Four Page Club” Tommy!! Only 48 more pages and you’ll be on par with Zack Ertz. 

Post 'til it Ertz!

• Haha (+1) 2

On 5/3/2021 at 3:37 PM, NewEra said:

Agreed.  Days later I had to come read this thread so I can convince my brain that we actually picked this guy in the 5th over Trey Smith (only to fall to the chiefs).  This is definitely my most hated pick under the Beane tenure.  Prove me wrong Doyle!!!  I’m pulling for ya!

So Tommy Doyle is the new whipping boy for TBD?

10 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

So Tommy Doyle is the new whipping boy for TBD?

Maybe, ask everyone else.  I’m just confused by the pick and thought there were better players available that played positions of need along the OL.    I really hope Trey Smith doesn’t turn out to be a long term starter for the Chiefs.  

I may end up loving the pick....but until I see him contribute, I will wonder why.  He’s not even our backup swing tackle. He’s our 3rd or 4th string LT.  That said, I see the potential and why they drafted him.

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Maybe, ask everyone else.  I’m just confused by the pick and thought there were better players available that played positions of need along the OL.    I really hope Trey Smith doesn’t turn out to be a long term starter for the Chiefs.  

I may end up loving the pick....but until I see him contribute, I will wonder why.  He’s not even our backup swing tackle. He’s our 3rd or 4th string LT.  That said, I see the potential and why they drafted him.

In a normal year Trey Smith would've gone higher.  He's got a medical situation and teams are at a peculiar information disadvantage heading into this draft relative to other years.  The Chiefs satisfied themselves that they could deal with the medicals, good for them and it may work out.  I understand the Bills' reluctance. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• SDS unpinned this topic