RD 5, pick 17 (161): Tommy Doyle, OT (Miami, OH)

Draft Pick Approval  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of this pick?

• Approve
    • Disapprove
    • I Don't Know

31 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Officially calling this the "Eco-Draft" because we're adopting trees.

WE ARE GROOT!

Is it just me or does Zoe Saldana remind you of those green girls from Star Trek?

As far as the immediate need thing, I wondered once we made it to round 5.  I was trying to go along with the two DE’s and then the OT even though we had two under contract for a few years, but this one?

I’ll table for now.

I have a hard and fast draft rule from which I never deviate: 

Never complain about drafting big uglies. The game of football always has been and always will be won and lost in the trenches.

And if the trench players brought in are giant alien oak tree mutant giant dinosaur monsters? So much the better.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

You dont like adding depth at pass rushing and o line? 

I love it. But I also like adding linebacker and secondary depth. Listen, we don’t have to blindly gush over everything Beane does. I’m not a fan of this pick. This particular pick, I like the first 3 picks. I’m sorry to upset some of you. 

Edited by Brennan Huff
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I love it. But I also like adding linebacker and secondary depth. Listen, we don’t have to blindly gush over everything Beane does. I’m not a fan of this pick. I’m sorry to upset some of you. 

Richard Sherman

13 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I love it. But I also like adding linebacker and secondary depth. Listen, we don’t have to blindly gush over everything Beane does. I’m not a fan of this pick. I’m sorry to upset some of you. 

I hear you. I'm at the point where I can give Beane the benefit of the doubt. He has earned that with his build up in Carolina and Buffalo. The draft especially in the later rounds are educated crapshots. I'll let him roll the dice and work with my bankroll.

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I love it. But I also like adding linebacker and secondary depth. Listen, we don’t have to blindly gush over everything Beane does. I’m not a fan of this pick. This particular pick, I like the first 3 picks. I’m sorry to upset some of you. 

Keep posting your opinions.  Don't listen to this board. Most are just Beane sycophants and most of them don't know what sycophant means.

5 minutes ago, twist_to_open said:

Richard Sherman

I'd be down with that!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

It’s interesting to see the duplicate picks at tackle. One possibility  is Beane counting on some preseason  trades for mid round picks next year. 

Or maybe developing players to replace vets when their contracts expire. These guys will need some time 

• Agree 1