What was your worst take ever?

11 hours ago, Cash said:

Prior to Johnson’s “did enough to win” drive, that was probably the worst NFL QB performance I had ever seen. I’m over it, but I will go to my grave thinking that we win that game with Flutie, and quite possibly make the Super Bowl. 

If they did win, i'd also say johnson did enough to not start the next game.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

But he sure as hell isn't the biggest bust in that draft. 

Have to agree.  6 DTs in the first 

Williams

Oliver

Wilkins

Lawrence

Tillery

Simmons

I don't think any of those players is even head and shoulders above the rest.  Williams flashed some pass rush, lawrence has probably been most consistent, and Simmons has flashed some as well.  But people also forget that oliver flashed quite a bit too.  

Also, Haskins has biggest bust locked up in that draft. LJ Collier Gary and Ferrell have also done little as pass rushers through 2 years.  

16 hours ago, TBBills said:

I think the Sabres are going to be good this year.

Ugh.  I hate taylor hall.

6 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

Zay Jones was an absolute steal where we got him at in the draft, and he would play 10+ seasons as a Buffalo Bill.  💩

The one thing i thought for sure he had was hands.  WTH happened to him?

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/1/2021 at 4:07 PM, dgrochester55 said:

In all fairness, EJ looked decent for a rookie at first with a near win over New England in week 1 and that comeback vs Carolina.   Unfortunately, like many Bills QB's during the drought, early flashes of potential was always followed with a lack of improvement and/or regression.

Truthfully his rookie year did offer a lot of optimism. NE start and Carolina like you said, plus he torched the Jets and had a solid win in Jax. In losses to Cleveland and Atlanta he actually played pretty well and had the team in position to win until injury in Cleveland and Atlanta Chandler and Stevie fumbled the game away.

I remember a lot of magazines in 2014 NFL previews had him as a breakout guy with Watkins added to Woods, Goodwin, CJ, & Fred and the defense being so good. He just never really took the next step although I will say I think after his knee injuries they coaches limited him mobility which was a central piece to his game and I think any chance for him to develop required that mobility.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Really? Thats all you got? Ed isnt even a proven comodity yet.

Hated Rosen ( his attitude mainly) and I didn’t want Sam Darnold thought he would be a turn over machine in the NFL just like he was college, really wanted Baker once he was gone was preying for Josh Allen to be the pick , Lamar wasn’t even in the conversation for me thought he would be a little better then Tyrod , 

I know it’s not Bills related BUT I thought that R Leaf would be a better QB then Payton Manning 🤦🏼‍♂️ ...

Every time I talk ***** my wife always brings that one up and I have to put my tail between my legs and walk away!!! 

Edited by Putin

I wanted the other josh because 3 days before the draft I read some dumb articles from dumb sports writers and listened to some dumb radio jocks and thought I knew what was what!

My dad of course loved the pick so we immediately bickered that evening about the bills being billsy and drafting the wrong josh.

To be honest, I hopped on the band wagon in under 48 hours but my dad still brings it up at least twice a season LoL.

ill let him have it;)

Obviously I wasnt alone!!!

• Like (+1) 1

This is by no means my worst take-- not even close. But, for some reason, I feel like this is a good thread to drop this on.

To whit:

When we first acquired AJ Klein, I read numerous opinions about what a beast he was, and how he was especially adept at stuffing the run. I read this both on here, in the media, and on the Saints fan forum. 

So, I went onto GamePass, and watched the three games that Klein had the highest statistical impact from his previous season, and what I saw was a guy who was slow to the ball, would wait until the play came to him, and had less than half the intensity of Matt Milano (a high bar, IMO, but still...)

What I saw when he arrived in Buffalo was: Exactly that. In short, I thought Klein was a bum.

And then...

Somewhere in midseason, and I can't remember precisely which game it was (and perhaps someone, who doesn't think I'm crazy, could remind me), Klein seemed to flip a switch. He was all over the field, making plays, tackles for loss, pressuring the QB, and effectively dropping into coverage.

And he kept this level of playing for the rest of the season.

This happened, right?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

When I joined TBD, I thought I’d be lovingly embraced as a brother and acclaimed for my unparalleled insight.

yeah, you were wrong Hondoo.  Now that I explained it from SWAT, it’s fun busting you’re ops.

Hon Do It.  God bless brother. Just kidding on Mommas Day.  We have to be nice to them, not us.  

Call you’re mom ding ***** if you haven’t, and yes, you’re one embraced positive is you di have a lot of positive insights.  Now I have to go back to Weo class to be mean and snarky.  🤪🏈

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

When I joined TBD, I thought I’d be lovingly embraced as a brother and acclaimed for my unparalleled insight.

But you learned, and that’s the important thing!     :)

• Like (+1) 1