What was your worst take ever?

Brad Banks was the best QB in the 2003 draft class - he went undrafted.

QBs drafted: 

Carson Palmer
Byron Leftwich
Kyle Boller
Rex Grossman
Dave Ragone
Chris Simms
Seneca Wallace
Brain St. Pierre
Drew Henson
Brooks Bollinger
Kilff Kingsbury
Gibran Hamdan
Ken Dorsey

In hindsight, those drafted only accounted for 3 more pro bowls than Brad or I earned... so it wasn't that far off.

20 hours ago, skibum said:

When Mahomes was drafted, I thought he was a guaranteed bust.

He and Trubisky were the QBs that I did not want in that class.  Mahommes college game wouldn't translate to the NFL where players are bigger and faster.

that Jimmy Grapes was bound for HOF..........oh boy not on track as of now. But for a hot minute he could do no wrong when he first got to the Niners and was sling/n and winn'n. 

Won his first 7 starts including first 5 with a Niners team that looked very avg.. I thought he elevated them like a star QB can.

Injury with Niners maybe set him back but he has fallen back to below mid level avg now.

1 hour ago, DasNootz said:

Brad Banks was the best QB in the 2003 draft class - he went undrafted.

QBs drafted: 

Carson Palmer
Byron Leftwich
Kyle Boller
Rex Grossman
Dave Ragone
Chris Simms
Seneca Wallace
Brain St. Pierre
Drew Henson
Brooks Bollinger
Kilff Kingsbury
Gibran Hamdan
Ken Dorsey

In hindsight, those drafted only accounted for 3 more pro bowls than Brad or I earned... so it wasn't that far off.

This reminds me of the time I read the draft reports on a Division III record breaking QB from Mount Union College.  I thought he was at worst a 3rd round pick.  He went undrafted and bounced around some practice squads and in 1996 won a championship in the World League.  In 1997 the Bills signed him & I was sure he was going to be the Bills starting QB for years.  In August 1997 I went to the only preseason game I've ever been to because I wanted to see him play & cheer him on as the next great Bills QB.  He never made the Bills 53 man roster.  His name is Jim Ballard.  This is him nowadays. https://ballardquarterbackacademy.com/who-we-are

Edited by Albany,n.y.

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

Regarding Johnson... I just couldn't get behind it.  It was a tremendously poor first half, and I still can't believe he came out to start the 2nd half.  Worst offensive output of the season yardage wise.  Meddling owner cost the team a shot at a super bowl.  

What people forget is that the Bills lost both of their starting offensive tackles just before the game.

The Titans pass rush was a complete jail break like what Mahomes saw in the Super Bowl against Tampa.

Now perhaps with no pass blocking, playing Flutie was the better call under the circumstance...........but Flutie was pathetic moving the ball that year...........they were on the road in the first place because of his two terrible home losses to feeble NYG and Raiders teams that he couldn't pass against.

• Like (+1) 1

I thought getting a Super Bowl QB like Vince Ferragamo was going to help us be a lot better in 1985. Then I remember being happy to see Bruce Mathison take his place.

Edited by Rico
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, dneveu said:

Regarding Johnson... I just couldn't get behind it.  It was a tremendously poor first half, and I still can't believe he came out to start the 2nd half.  Worst offensive output of the season yardage wise.  Meddling owner cost the team a shot at a super bowl.  

Prior to Johnson’s “did enough to win” drive, that was probably the worst NFL QB performance I had ever seen. I’m over it, but I will go to my grave thinking that we win that game with Flutie, and quite possibly make the Super Bowl. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I was on board with Rex Ryan at first.
Enthusiastic actually.
wow

How'd that work out for me.
By the time he brought his brother in and had surgery to remove his lap band, I was throwing up thinking about how seriously wrong I was.

considered living in the woods alone for a year or two to find myself

• Haha (+1) 2