What was your worst take ever?

Didn't notice this thread earlier. My worst take was -- I thought Kevin Kolb was a great signing as vet placeholder until EJ Manuel was ready as a fulltime starter. In my wisdom I believed the stories about him having put his durability issues to rest. I don't think I should quit my day job ...

On 5/2/2021 at 12:25 PM, Rico said:

This is the last Bills home game I have attended, sad but true. One for the ages, I was never completely down on Todd Collins after witnessing this game.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199709210buf.htm

Back then I went to every Bills home game except pre-seasons.  I remember that game.  The fans were getting restless when Indy jumped to a big lead.  Jim Kelly was in the club level and the fans in the lower bowl were turning around, looking up  & begging him to come out of retirement & rescue the team.  By the end of the game I thought the Bills had stolen Collins in the 1995 draft.

What I didn't remember was all the empty seats.  Does anyone remember why the attendance was so low for a September game?  I know traditionally when they were still in the AFC East, Indy was one of the weakest draws in the league for Bills home games.  

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Back then I went to every Bills home game except pre-seasons.  I remember that game.  The fans were getting restless when Indy jumped to a big lead.  Jim Kelly was in the club level and the fans in the lower bowl were turning around, looking up  & begging him to come out of retirement & rescue the team.  By the end of the game I thought the Bills had stolen Collins in the 1995 draft.

What I didn't remember was all the empty seats.  Does anyone remember why the attendance was so low for a September game?  I know traditionally when they were still in the AFC East, Indy was one of the weakest draws in the league for Bills home games.  

I don’t remember empty seats. I remember driving up to the game from Baltimore with some Colts fans and bumming in the 1st half, but I had the last laugh, and the last smack is always the best! Place was insane that last quarter.

Trent Edwards first start, looked like a legit heir to the Buffalo QB throne.

It was a joyous victory walk back to the lot, couldn’t wait to see what Trent would do next.

Whoops.

I loved Chan Gailey, and his offense; and the Goon Squad led by Stevie Johnson. I really thought they were going to put it all together. Then Donald Jones got flattened by Vince Wilfork, Stevie didn’t train in the off-season, and Fitz was, well, Fitz. 

I stand by my hatred of George Edwards, and his “hybrid thang” defense. 

Edited by RobbRiddicksTDLeap

On 5/1/2021 at 2:57 PM, stevestojan said:

We all make stupid statements in the heat of the moment. In years past, I was the mayor of stupid statements on TBD. But what opinion did you have that was your worst? 

My post, so I’ll start. And mine is recent and I got the appropriate amount of judgement for it:

I wanted to cut Bass after week one. 

Smarty Jones.

I remember your Bass thread, it was epic!

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Trent Edwards first start, looked like a legit heir to the Buffalo QB throne.

It was a joyous victory walk back to the lot, couldn’t wait to see what Trent would do next.

Whoops.

I was at NE when JP went down & I yelled "Don't get up".  That's how convinced I was Edwards was the answer.  I actually went over to some NE fans I had talked with before the game & said Trent Edwards coming in for JP would go down in Bills history the same way Brady for Bledsoe did in NE.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Bills related:

I wanted Josh Rosen, but Josh Allen was my second choice. So I was satisfied with the pick.

I was ecstatic when we traded up for Sammy Watkins. Didn't care what the price was, because we got the best WR in the draft.

I thought that Marcel Dareus(why do people here continue to spell his last name wrong?) would be a mainstay on our defensive line for a long time and he would be one of the best D-linemen we've had in Bills history.

NFL related:

Didn't think much of Patrick Mahomes. Never thought he would be anything special. That being said, I don't regret trading down with the Chiefs in the 2017 draft. 

I thought that the NFL would show integrity by placing asterisk marks next to every Patriots* Super Bowl championship along with every players statistic who ever played while Bill Belichick was head coach, and that all potential Hall of Fame credentials would be nullified.

Edited by Mark Vader

Whaley knew what he was doing over the years.
Bills just had bad luck with injuries, but the talent to compete was there.

Bills had a shot at the playoffs every year for the past 20 years (prior to McDermott)

• Haha (+1) 2