What was your worst take ever?

16 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Josh Rosen should have been taken over Josh Allen, fell into the the "analytics" trap and lazy scouting. I did quickly after they made the pick talk myself into being super hyped about Josh Allen. Like about 15 minutes after they made the pick I was at least somewhat on board with the Josh Allen pick.

I was a wrong Josh guy. I will say his arm at the combine wowed me, but so did JaMarcus. I had the what if pop in my head, but it would be a statistcal anomaly. It was Rosen all the way 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

Worst take is hard, lots of good contenders:

Bills related- the reciever we had in 2018 were really good and just needed some time to gel.

Non Bills- Dak Prescott is an average QB last summer. I gave way too much credit to his skill players.

17 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

Aaron Maybin is going to break Bruce’s all time sack record 

Bro, that is tough to beat!!! 😀

However, I was sure that Rob Johnson was the answer to all of our quarterback woes and that he would lead us deep into the post season. 😕

16 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

This is a great thread. Thank you 

Absolutely!!!!

• Sad 1

What a painful trip down memory lane, plus sadly, lots to pick from.

First, that Perry Tuttle was a future lock for the HOF (start of the Clemson curse);

Second, we finally hit on a terrific HC in Mike Mularkey.

This is a fun read.  And confirms we have no business making NFL decisions.  None.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Bro, that is tough to beat!!! 😀

However, I was sure that Rob Johnson was the answer to all of our quarterback woes and that he would lead us deep into the post season. 😕

Absolutely!!!!

That was 1998! Are QB woes hadn’t even started yet!

17 minutes ago, IndyMark said:

What a painful trip down memory lane, plus sadly, lots to pick from.

First, that Perry Tuttle was a future lock for the HOF (start of the Clemson curse);

Second, we finally hit on a terrific HC in Mike Mularkey.

This is a fun read.  And confirms we have no business making NFL decisions.  None.

I understand what you are saying, but our front office used to be JUST SO BAD that many posters were correct more often than our GMs.

Many, if not a big majority of our early draft selections were flat out stupid in those days. 

17 hours ago, stevestojan said:

We all make stupid statements in the heat of the moment. In years past, I was the mayor of stupid statements on TBD. But what opinion did you have that was your worst? 

My post, so I’ll start. And mine is recent and I got the appropriate amount of judgement for it:

I wanted to cut Bass after week one. 

This is an easy one for me.  EJ.

And I'm reminded many times/year.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Remember when you said EJ Manuel would win 6 Super Bowls before he was 32?

LMAO, it was never that bad!!  I just held hope longer than most others.  

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

I understand what you are saying, but our front office used to be JUST SO BAD that many posters were correct more often than our GMs.

Many, if not a big majority of our early draft selections were flat out stupid in those days. 

True.

18 hours ago, Rico said:

Dump Sad Sack Fergy, let Gary Marangi take over.

Omg — that is definitely the worst take ever!! I can’t think of a worse QB than Marangi. He was worse than Peterman because he got more playing time. It was PAINFUL watching him.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, WMDman said:

rosen over allen

I'm glad you admit this. I remember being here during the 2018 draft and at least 40-50% of this board were fuming over the "wrong Josh," but those people would never admit it. This is why I take people's opinions on the draft w/ a grain of salt. Some of the same people here are so sure that Mac Jones and Zach Wilson are going to bust. The bottom line is nobody really knows who's going to pan out outside of the surefire #1 overall pick, not even the GM's. I was a Baker Mayfield guy.

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

That was 1998! Are QB woes hadn’t even started yet!

Collins was terrible in 1997 and made it clear that he was a bust.

12 hours ago, mannc said:

I was super pumped when we hired Rex Ryan.  True story.

Yup, me too. Definitely my worst take. Regardless of his coaching chops/record, I didn’t realize how much of a buffon he was and how lazy he had gotten.

Edited by dave mcbride