What was your worst take ever?

2 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Thought Lamonica trade was a good idea.

Liked hiring of John Rauch.

Vince Ferragamo was a good pick up.

Wanted Flutie over Smith.

Need I continue?

Your avatar should take out the seat of your pants.  You and I are both old enough to 'get' that reference. 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stevestojan said:

We all make stupid statements in the heat of the moment. In years past, I was the mayor of stupid statements on TBD. But what opinion did you have that was your worst? 

My post, so I’ll start. And mine is recent and I got the appropriate amount of judgement for it:

I wanted to cut Bass after week one. 

This board was a fount of knowledge and rationality

• Haha (+1) 1

I’d say my worst take was on the Kiko and shady trade. I thought for sure I was correct that McCoy was about done. And I was a big Alonso fan. I remember telling Bills fans to have fun watching shady jiggle and dance behind the line with constant 3 yard losses, just so in the 4th quarter down 28-10 he can break off a big 50 yarder and pad his stats up. I never liked McCoy in Philly much. But he was the prize of that trade. I was also hugely supportive of Whaley sending a 3 or 4 can’t remember for Bryce brown in Philly. My skills once again voiced in my ear here’s a guy who is needing a chance and he’s gonna break out bigtime. 

Edited by Rc2catch

3 hours ago, WMDman said:

rosen over allen

Me as well, I swore at the tv and my wife gave me the what the hell is wrong with you look, lol.  Glad I dont make any pics

Edited by BillsCuse

Overall football: thought mahomes would bust 

Bills wise: thought the lee evans and jp draft would set us up for sucesss for 10 plus years

A lot of peoples will be Rosen over Allen

I would have taken Rosen over Allen but I didn't mind the pick and liked the potential just wouldn't have traded up. So in hind sight the disagreement of trading up would also be a terrible take 

My worst take was E. J. Manuel

Saw the size, the arm, the tight spiral that cut through the winds of the Ralph and was sold. Would not give up till I got the reliable info about his inability to read defenses or pickup the playbook from his peers on the team - said the coaches basically had to dumb everything down to half-field reads.

We all make mistakes on our player takes - have learned to look for other things in QB's and that is why I was patient with Allen but wanted to see the progressive growth and he delivered. Same with receivers. Love the speed, but the NFL is not a track meet. Give me guys with decent speed, but emphasize separation and great hands/catching radius.

Here's a few of my worst: I had Willis McGahee AND Trent Edwards in the Hall of Fame.  I actually made a shrine to Willis at my desk at work with gameday photos from the Buffalo News and labeled it "The road to Canton"

I loved it when the Bills traded up & drafted J.P. Losman.  Back then I used to do my own draft & I drafted JP at 13 when the Bills drafted Evans.  In 2005 I predicted the Bills would go 12-4 with JP.  

I thought every game that Flutie played was detrimental to the team long term because Rob Johnson needed to play.  

Now the best ones:

After half a season as head coach I said the Bills should fire Hank Bullough before the 1986 season.

After the Vikings game his rookie year, I went to the mall that week & bought a Josh Allen jersey, convinced I'd be able to wear it for many years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1