Bills trade pick #174 to HOU for two 6th round picks

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

1T stands out as a hole. 

In the 6th, Beane will draft a cb, a wr and a 1 technique dt and Portland will be all happy again

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I wanted Tedarrell Slaton, but Beane and McD know better than I do. Very interesting draft and I mean that in a good way. First three picks were fantastic.

+ Doyle is a freak athlete too. You win in the trenches - ask TB

10 minutes ago, psuscott16 said:

Calling it now. They take a punter. James Smith as a guess

I doubt it.  Cutting Haack would cost us about 600k against the cap.  Seems they're content with him.  Maybe bring in an UFA camp body.

27 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

The two 6th round picks will not make the roster and have a better chance of being Wyatt Teller on another team than doing anything for the Bills now or in the future.

A backup or Ertz has a better chance of making a difference in 2021 than do two project swing tackles.

Too much Portland

not enough Ethan

• Like (+1) 1

I think the Bills board got nearly wiped out just before the pick so the traded down. The Iowa WR Smith Marsette, and DT Davion Nixon and also Ohio State CB Shaun Wade went just before that. I really think they liked the Iowa WR.

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Teams are viewing it two different ways this year it would appear. Low number of eligible players, opt outs, and lack of contact equals a poor draft class. Other teams are seeing it as a way to find gems that might have been higher picks in the more traditional years. It looks like Beane is leaning towards the latter. 

Seems like a focal point of targeting opt-out players who had solid showings prior, but fell because of lack of 2020 tape.

Not a bad strategy for a team with fewer picks that are late round selections too.

18 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

How dumb. Why do they need another OT? Is he projected to be a Center? 

They need a project DT not more 6th round picks.

Ethan, you get funnier as the draft threads go on, 😂