Bills trade pick #174 to HOU for two 6th round picks

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

I don’t understand why we are trading down. Strange strategy. Curious to hear what Beane says. 

Why? This is a strange year in that there are A LOT of unknowns later in the draft. 

There’s basically two lines of thinking… either you buy more tickets to the lottery this year, and hope you strike on an unknown OR you get more picks for next year when you will have a normal draft cycle.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Bunch of cry babies. Over a 5th round pick. Come on....

I disagree with them also........but there is literally nothing less productive than following day 3 of the NFL draft while not having your own opinion on it.:doh:

Are the same people bitching about taking two tackles really now going to whinge about getting an extra pick that could be used to take one of the positions they were offended Beane hadnt already addressed? Does anyone remember what this roster looked like four years ago? Jesus youd think the guys earned a little bit of slack on his leash its the fifth round and he just scored us an extra pick without a big dropoff in talent.

Edited by Bills Survivor

2 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

The bills will have a harder time grabbing undrafted free agents this season so I could see beane wanting more 6th or 7th round picks to stash on the practice squad rather than a 5th rounder who would has a higher chance of a team putting in a wavier claim

I remember the Vikings taking a similar approach last year rather than having to fight to get some UFAs.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

RIght.

Every year I say the same thing:   When the draft is over, the teams have a mad scramble to sign undrafted free agents.   Why?   Because there's talent in the group of undrafteds, and the GMs know that.   Undrafted free agents make teams every season.  Well, if that's true, then it's even more true in the final two rounds - the guys taken in those rounds are generally better than the undrafteds.  Those guys make squads and play serious roles, if not the first year, then in the second.   This trade gives the Bills one extra player from a pool of good prospects.  It's foolish to say these picks are unimportant.  You can't keep your roster full with free agents and picks from the first two days.  

Good point about the undrafteds..........and there aren't going to be as many good ones this year because the number of players in this draft is very low..........so the Bills were going to be doubly pressed to get any of the few coveted UDFA's that are available because there are less and because agents won't see a place with a lot of openings for their clients to make the roster. 

• Like (+1) 2

I personally like the idea of having 4 more draft choices.  Odds of finding a keeper is probably higher having 2 6th rounders vs 1 5th rounder.  I think Buffalo took the same approach with Barsham, Beane said if he had been gone they would have traded down.  My hunch is that they didn’t really love anyone enough with that 5th rounder and traded down for 2 6th rounders because there wasn’t much difference in the value of the players available.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Did anyone go into this draft thinking we needed two 6-8" swing tackles?

Where is the project DT to replace Star? Where is the speed that Beane spoke about?

Love the two pass rushers. After that Beane crapped the bed.

I think we might be have 3-4 of these DEs on the field in passing situations. All of our new  DE's have experience sliding inside and have the size to not get pushed around easily.

Epenesa 6' 6"

Greg Rousseau 6' 7" ish

Boogie is a freak athlete 

Edited by buffalover4life

14 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

The fifth round pick they traded is going to win a SB now?

The two 6th round picks will not make the roster and have a better chance of being Wyatt Teller on another team than doing anything for the Bills now or in the future.

A backup or Ertz has a better chance of making a difference in 2021 than do two project swing tackles.

9 minutes ago, wppete said:

I don’t understand why we are trading down. Strange strategy. Curious to hear what Beane says. 

For the Bills to trade out so early,  I think it says something of their opinion of the available talent at that pick. 

Either that,  or they're stockpiling picks hoping to trade for a veteran or two. 

Just now, Brandon said:

For the Bills to trade out so early,  I think it says something of their opinion of the available talent at that pick. 

Either that,  or they're stockpiling picks hoping to trade for a veteran or two. 

yeah hoping for the Ertz trade with those picks.

33 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Why? How stupid. Not one of those 6th round guys has any chance to make the roster.

How quickly you forget. Bass, hodgins and Dane Jackson were 6th and 7th rounds picks last year. But let’s jump to conclusions why Don’t we??

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Why? How stupid. Not one of those 6th round guys has any chance to make the roster.

But the late 5th round pick at 171? Now HE was a lock to make the roster!

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

The bills will have a harder time grabbing undrafted free agents this season so I could see beane wanting more 6th or 7th round picks to stash on the practice squad rather than a 5th rounder who would have a higher chance of a team putting in a wavier claim

Bills have good eye for small school talent too

• Like (+1) 1

Right, so it’s not necessarily about talent this late this year…

Look, there are a good bunch of players that have been pushed down the draft because of opt outs. Those players are being measured against players who did play and are being pushed down the draft.

I say, give me more lotto tickets this year as long as I keep all my picks for next year, where the draft cycle will be more normal.

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

If there is no available talent there, why would there be talent a round later?