Bills trade pick #174 to HOU for two 6th round picks

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

It's almost like Beane has no idea what he's doing, right?

Did anyone go into this draft thinking we needed two 6-8" swing tackles?

Where is the project DT to replace Star? Where is the speed that Beane spoke about?

Love the two pass rushers. After that Beane crapped the bed.

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

If you don’t love any one of them, my as well take two shots

I said it in the other thread version of this..........I think they will have 2 shots at the same quality of player in round 6.    

Of the hundreds of mock drafts I did, round 6 always seemed to be one of the better rounds for numbers of players I still liked and the draft really isn't playing that far off from what was expected.

I've never bought into the "none of these picks can make the roster" talk........it's not the 1991 Bills roster......there is plenty of room for competition.   3 picks in round 6 and 1 in the 7th is nice. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Trade the rest of the draft for Ertz

Depth where? There is no place on the roster for these guys. 

Maybe they plan to make one of them the blocking TE in heavy sets.

We could use another CB, S and WR that could also help in the return game.

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

I said it in the other thread version of this..........I think they will have 2 shots at the same quality of player in round 6.    

Of the hundreds of mock drafts I did, round 6 always seemed to be one of the better rounds for numbers of players I still liked and the draft really isn't playing that far off from what was expected.

I've never bought into the "none of these picks can make the roster" talk........it's not the 1991 Bills roster......there is plenty of room for competition.   3 picks in round 6 and 1 in the 7th is nice. 

Yupppppp. Plenty of room in the secondary, OL and DL to make the team. 

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Did anyone go into this draft thinking we needed two 6-8" swing tackles?

Where is the project DT to replace Star? Where is the speed that Beane spoke about?

Love the two pass rushers. After that Beane crapped the bed.

I'm sure one tackle is projected to start in 2 years. Star is still under contract, maybe they're not looking to replace him right now.

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Who cares about the future. Win a SB now.

During his first season with Buffalo, Beane said his goal is to win today and win tomorrow. Count me in on that kind of thinking. 

I like having lots of late round picks in this draft. Not a normal draft so you have more tickets to the lottery. There are a lot of unknowns this year, so don’t give up picks next year but get more picks this year if you can.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

RIght.

Every year I say the same thing:   When the draft is over, the teams have a mad scramble to sign undrafted free agents.   Why?   Because there's talent in the group of undrafteds, and the GMs know that.   Undrafted free agents make teams every season.  Well, if that's true, then it's even more true in the final two rounds - the guys taken in those rounds are generally better than the undrafteds.  Those guys make squads and play serious roles, if not the first year, then in the second.   This trade gives the Bills one extra player from a pool of good prospects.  It's foolish to say these picks are unimportant.  You can't keep your roster full with free agents and picks from the first two days.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

If he is cut then the other 31 teams have a shot at him. Trading worthless picks ensures you get him

Who cares about the future. Win a SB now.

I don’t know man I’m not running the draft, just saying there’s very clearly a reason he’s not been traded for. Perhaps he’s let teams know that there’s a specific team he wants to go to? Maybe his medicals are so bad no one wants to touch him? Maybe he’s retiring? 

I’ll put it this way: if he were healthy and the Ertz of old and willing to play for your team and willing to restructure, he would have been traded by now...

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

this draft is underwhelming.  so far nothing at RB or 1T.  and the picks so far are rotational type guys, minus perhaps Rosseau. 

Our roster is pretty stacked so it’s not like there were many starting spots up for grabs to begin with.

• Like (+1) 1

The bills will have a harder time grabbing undrafted free agents this season so I could see beane wanting more 6th or 7th round picks to stash on the practice squad rather than a 5th rounder who would have a higher chance of a team putting in a wavier claim

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad
  • Like (+1) 1