2021 NFL Draft Day 3 Talk Official Thread

2 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I often wonder why I don't complain and think out loud that I am better at this than the Bill's FO.   Maybe I am just a cool aid drinking sheeple.

Trying to give the benefit of the doubt and see the best in people I instead think I see the theme and plan of this draft.   It makes some sense to me.

It happens every draft.  LOL, it ranges from Beane playing 4D chess all the way down to Hungry Hippos.

My main enjoyment is trying to guess what Beane is attempting to do much more than thinking I should be telling him what to do.

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As aeshetically pleasing as it would be to fill that spot with a draft pick...........the fact that I'd rather have Snacks Harrison and that he's a league minimum level free agent kinda' puts it in perspective for me.    

I am also interested to  see what happens AFTER this draft..........I expect more releases and obviously more free agent signings....and maybe even trades...... than ever before immediately following a draft in the next few weeks.  

Oh yeah. I agree.  Beane isn’t done.  I expect him to sign another CB to compete for CB2.  We’re months away still

I’m just a huge Slaton fan.  4 years, making 700k would’ve been nice imo. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I honestly would’ve liked Elijah Moore at 30, but doubling up Rousseau with Basham actually make me like the pick more.  

It seems we have an idea of what we want this DL to be, and both have talent and will play this year.  

The two OT’s, I get the frustration, but with Nsehke leaving, we didn’t have a swing tackle.  Bobby Hart is a Tackle in name only.   We throw the ball a ton and need to make sure Josh Allen is making all those throws. 

When Schwartz went in Round 3 before the Bills, they looked at WR and didn’t think any of them could crack the lineup this year.

And this was a weak Tight End draft on top of that.

Same with these running backs, when the Memphis RB went, now you’d just be getting Singletary and Moss again.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I honestly would’ve liked Elijah Moore at 30, but doubling up Rousseau with Basham actually make me like the pick more.  

It seems we have an idea of what we want this DL to be, and both have talent and will play this year.  

The two OT’s, I get the frustration, but with Nsehke leaving, we didn’t have a swing tackle.  Bobby Hart is a Tackle in name only.   We throw the ball a ton and need to make sure Josh Allen is making all those throws. 

I like your reasoning, I can’t say I disagree.

Top freak athletes left and their RAS (excluding QBs, OT, and EDGE):

Trey Smith G Tennessee (9.91)

Sadarius Hutcherson G South Carolina (9.89)

Chris Evans RB Michigan (9.85)

Tyler Coyle S Purdue (9.83)

James Wiggins S Cincinnati (9.70)

Elijah Mitchell RB Louisiana (9.51)

Brandon Smith WR Iowa (9.16)

Tim Jones WR Southern Miss (9.03)

Jimmy Morrissey C Pittsburgh (9.01)

Tre Nixon WR UCF (8.98)

Josh Imatorbhebhe WR Illinois (8.97)

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

Seeing the Ravens take a fullback in Ben Mason reminded me that I think the offense needs a true fullback. JMO but I’d use one of these 6th rounders on Tory Carter from LSU

Don’t we kind of already have that in Reggie Gilliam? He’s an H-back, is he not?

• Agree 1

Just now, Victory Formation said:

Don’t we kind of already have that in Reggie Gilliam? He’s an H-back, is he not?

Yeah defintely, but he’s more tweener to me. Gilliam still had a nice role on the team, i don’t like the work he did from the fullback position last year (small sample size)

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Top freak athletes left and their RAS (excluding QBs, OT, and EDGE):

Trey Smith G Tennessee (9.91)

Sadarius Hutcherson G South Carolina (9.89)

Chris Evans RB Michigan (9.85)

Tyler Coyle S Purdue (9.83)

James Wiggins S Cincinnati (9.70)

Elijah Mitchell RB Louisiana (9.51)

Brandon Smith WR Iowa (9.16)

Tim Jones WR Southern Miss (9.03)

Jimmy Morrissey C Pittsburgh (9.01)

Tre Nixon WR UCF (8.98)

Josh Imatorbhebhe WR Illinois (8.97)

Wiggins is who I think they are going to take. 

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

People complaining the draft at this point is about drafting the best developmental traits. 

Yeah, this is kind of what Beane said they were going to do. Draft for the future. We didn't have many needs and we were picking late. So, how do you maximize your picks when selecting near the end of the draft and with a mind to building for sustained success? Pick the athletic monsters (who would have gone higher with more tape/experience, or whatever), knowing that you have time to groom them into NFl players, rather than selecting a decent player that might help some now, but might never turn into a stud. Yes, there is some risk involved (not all projects develop). But two things mitigate that, we have an excellent teaching staff who have proven they can groom players; and culture...all the guys they picked seem to have that "right DNA"...smart guys who are all about ball and improving, good people, great work ethic, competitive, and coachable. If they don't succeed, it won't be due to lack of effort.

So, seems a bit lackluster now, but in 2-3 years we may look back at this draft and say Beane is a wizard. Time will tell.

“So, Brandon, some would say the tackles were the strength of the offensive line last season, yet you drafted two this year when interior help was available. Are you happy with the interior of your line?”

38 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

This team is about Josh Allen.  Paying Josh Allen and protecting Josh Allen.

Through that lens this draft makes plenty of sense.

Again, only the bills cannot afford more than a qb.