2021 NFL Draft Day 3 Talk Official Thread

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Basham is not a developmental DE. 

Rousseau is called that simply because he has a crazy amount of untapped potential.  

Both will be in the DL rotation this year.  

Rousseau has only played 15 games, and lacks any refined rush moves. Basham may not be developmental, but nothing in his skill set jumps off the page-- high effort guy.

4 minutes ago, par73 said:

Okay, Basham is a high-effort guy who lacks elite speed and explosiveness (a position where the Bills doubled down).  Breida? For all his speed, he is injured a lot and has moved around quite a bit. Little impact with Miami.

Carlos Basham 6’3 274 4.64/40

Carl Lawson 6’2 261 4.67/40 

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

So 2 OT's with both our Tackles signed long term, following 2 DE's? Now we've traded down to pick up extra picks when most felt we'd trade up because it'd be hard for 7 to make the roster?

I don't get this Draft, at all.

I understand the confusion.

For a team that has been billed as win now, the first two players seem to be rotational pieces in 2021 and the two OTs are developmental players. 

It’s obvious that the Bills prioritized size and thought they were outweighed in the trenches 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Carlos Basham 6’3 274 4.64/40

Carl Lawson 6’2 261 4.67/40 

Decent comp. If the Bills get 5 sacks out of Basham (like Lawson), I think they'd be happy.

I often wonder why I don't complain and think out loud that I am better at this than the Bill's FO.   Maybe I am just a cool aid drinking sheeple.

Trying to give the benefit of the doubt and see the best in people I instead think I see the theme and plan of this draft.   It makes some sense to me.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And there goes slaton.  Sigh. Good thing we have 3 6th rd picks instead of two 

As aeshetically pleasing as it would be to fill that spot with a draft pick...........the fact that I'd rather have Snacks Harrison and that he's a league minimum level free agent kinda' puts it in perspective for me.    

I am also interested to  see what happens AFTER this draft..........I expect more releases and obviously more free agent signings....and maybe even trades...... than ever before immediately following a draft in the next few weeks.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I understand the confusion.

For a team that has been billed as win now, the first two players seem to be rotational pieces in 2021 and the two OTs are developmental players. 

It’s obvious that the Bills prioritized size and thought they were outweighed in the trenches 

They were.  Outweighed and out physicaled.

I honestly would’ve liked Elijah Moore at 30, but doubling up Rousseau with Basham actually make me like the pick more.  

It seems we have an idea of what we want this DL to be, and both have talent and will play this year.  

The two OT’s, I get the frustration, but with Nsehke leaving, we didn’t have a swing tackle.  Bobby Hart is a Tackle in name only.   We throw the ball a ton and need to make sure Josh Allen is making all those throws. 

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, biggerdaddynj said:

You can get a player in the 5th who can play now, don’t think anyone is saying they expected a day one starter in the 5th.  You are the one saying that.  Relax, there are many valid points that people are making that do not include the assertion that our 5th round pick will be a day one starter.  

Now, as for our three 6th round picks, I expect all-pros.  

I'm not responding to many people but rather to 1. Moreover, the better a team is built the less you are filling holes with 5th round picks.

• Like (+1) 1