2021 NFL Draft Day 3 Talk Official Thread

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Gunner any thoughts on Tay Gowan? Seems like a good fit. 

Yep. He is one of the two corners I have left on my board. He fits Buffalo. Zone only guy who could come and potentially give us at least what Levi Wallace has for the next 4 years on a cheap rookie deal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, CNY315 said:

Think it's safe to say this FO will never let Allen take a beating

Yeah great to see. Like other posters have mentioned, we didn't lose often last season, but when we did, it was usually because we were out-matched physically especially on the line of scrimmage. This draft appears to be trying to correct that issue and I like that all of these are great athletes with huge untapped potential. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, par73 said:

I am not talking just about the 5th round. They had picks in rounds 1-3, and took two developmental DE's. There were plenty of other options.

Is the off-season over?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, par73 said:

I am not talking just about the 5th round. They had picks in rounds 1-3, and took two developmental DE's. There were plenty of other options.

Basham is not a developmental DE. 

Rousseau is called that simply because he has a crazy amount of untapped potential.  

Both will be in the DL rotation this year.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, aceman_16 said:

Okay.... my point still stands. Who would you have picked in the 5th round that would have been a day 1 starter to help the win now narrative?....I will wait.

You can get a player in the 5th who can play now, don’t think anyone is saying they expected a day one starter in the 5th.  You are the one saying that.  Relax, there are many valid points that people are making that do not include the assertion that our 5th round pick will be a day one starter.  

Now, as for our three 6th round picks, I expect all-pros.  

Time for a board update:

1. Quincy Roche, DE, Miami

2. Trey Smith, OG, Tennessee

3. James Wiggins, S, Cincinnati

4 Shi Smith, WR, South Carolina

5. Stone Forsyth, OT, Florida

6. Shaka Toney, DE, Penn St

7. Darius Stills, DT, West Virginia

8. Tariq Thompson, S, San Diego St

9. Dylan Moses, LB, Alabama

10. Marlon Tuipulotu, DT, USC

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Basham isn’t a development guy. Breida is a dynamic speed guy, already here. I don’t know the plan yet on TE other than it’s not a huge part of their offense and they are still trying to get ertz  

Okay, Basham is a high-effort guy who lacks elite speed and explosiveness (a position where the Bills doubled down).  Breida? For all his speed, he is injured a lot and has moved around quite a bit. Little impact with Miami.

Just now, B-Man said:

Garret Wallow

TCU

OLB

Height:

6'2''

Weight:

So this is who the Texans moved up for ??

I like him. Before Milano signed he was one of the guys I thought was a low cost shot to replace him. 

Just now, Just Joshin' said:

Draft 3 in the 6th and hope you hit on 1.

Slaton gone. 

• Like (+1) 1