2021 NFL Draft Day 3 Talk Official Thread

1 minute ago, biggerdaddynj said:

Which is what Spencer Brown was and is why I understood that.  I guess I’m the only one who is worried about our interior D Line even if Rousseau and Basham can move around, I’d like a pure DT to go along.  And, a CB to develop is nice too.  I understand building for the future especially with big contracts coming up sooner than later.

But my response was towards your "win now" aspect of your post. Which inside lineman would you plug in at this point of the draft that helps the team "win now"? ......there isn't one thus nearly ANY pick the Bills pick now are about potential, injury concerns or niche players.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, par73 said:

I generally agree with this, but the Bills were so close last year. Big needs were a dynamic speed guy, DB , TE, DE. So far, they have added all developmental guys, who aren't expected to have much of an impact this year.  The running game, which was subpar last year, has all the same guys back. So those guys have to get better, I guess.

A SB window can close very quickly.

Okay.... my point still stands. Who would you have picked in the 5th round that would have been a day 1 starter to help the win now narrative?....I will wait.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

People I think may be sleeping on Lamp. He is the most talented interior offensive linemen that we have. I love his signing and I think he may surprise some people. Also, even though he hasn’t done it, I think his skill set projects very well to center. So he gives us versatility. I think he starts at one of the guard spots. 

One can hope, one can surely hope.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, par73 said:

I generally agree with this, but the Bills were so close last year. Big needs were a dynamic speed guy, DB , TE, DE. So far, they have added all developmental guys, who aren't expected to have much of an impact this year.  The running game, which was subpar last year, has all the same guys back. So those guys have to get better, I guess.

A SB window can close very quickly.

Basham isn’t a development guy. Breida is a dynamic speed guy, already here. I don’t know the plan yet on TE other than it’s not a huge part of their offense and they are still trying to get ertz  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, aceman_16 said:

Okay.... my point still stands. Who would you have picked in the 5th round that would have been a day 1 starter to help the win now narrative?....I will wait.

I am not talking just about the 5th round. They had picks in rounds 1-3, and took two developmental DE's. There were plenty of other options.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, par73 said:

I am not talking just about the 5th round. They had picks in rounds 1-3, and took two developmental DE's. There were plenty of other options.

Okay...then that's more than fair. I was just going off the context that your post was immediately after the team's 5th round pick and not after one of the previously aforementioned picks you referred to.