2021 NFL Draft Day 3 Talk Official Thread

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Honest question... who are our CBs? White, Johnson, Wallace, Jackson and Cam Lewis are the only ones I can think of on our roster.

Josh Norman is still available, perhaps on an affordable one year contract.  He was not great, but played as well as Wallace last year for us and made a couple game changing plays.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Every pick has been to build up the trenches. Seems like Doyle is very similar to Brown so I have trouble seeing how they both fit on the team.

The hope would be that one taps the raw potential

2 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

Win now =/= don't plan for the future. The can mutually occur.

Which is what Spencer Brown was and is why I understood that.  I guess I’m the only one who is worried about our interior D Line even if Rousseau and Basham can move around, I’d like a pure DT to go along.  And, a CB to develop is nice too.  I understand building for the future especially with big contracts coming up sooner than later.

5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

There have been some tall G's that have had success in the past.

Kevin Hogan on that Dallas team comes to mind. 

Ar 6'8" these guys aren't going to be kicked inside. Kind of a flip from the usual versatility mantra. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Plus Forrest Lamp and Jordan Devey 

People I think may be sleeping on Lamp. He is the most talented interior offensive linemen that we have. I love his signing and I think he may surprise some people. Also, even though he hasn’t done it, I think his skill set projects very well to center. So he gives us versatility. I think he starts at one of the guard spots. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, biggerdaddynj said:

Which is what Spencer Brown was and is why I understood that.  I guess I’m the only one who is worried about our interior D Line even if Rousseau and Basham can move around, I’d like a pure DT to go along.  And, a CB to develop is nice too.  I understand building for the future especially with big contracts coming up sooner than later.

We have Star.  You can literally get good 1 techs in the mid-late rounds every year.  

Id like another one too, but the vision for our DL clearly looks like it has one goal... rush the passer.... and then figure out everything else. 

Edited by SCBills

3 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

Win now =/= don't plan for the future. The can mutually occur.

I generally agree with this, but the Bills were so close last year. Big needs were a dynamic speed guy, DB , TE, DE. So far, they have added all developmental guys, who aren't expected to have much of an impact this year.  The running game, which was subpar last year, has all the same guys back. So those guys have to get better, I guess.

A SB window can close very quickly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

So 2 OT's with both our Tackles signed long term, following 2 DE's? Now we've traded down to pick up extra picks when most felt we'd trade up because it'd be hard for 7 to make the roster?

I don't get this Draft, at all.

All about using FA to fill "needs", and the draft to find gems/develop young talent.  Beanes philosophy, and we're always 1 play away from needing a quality backup OT to protect for Josh. So we need depth, and basically had Bobby Hart coming in.  

I'm also curious if the team plans to use one of these "trees", as an extra OL/blocking TE.   Or on field goal blocks/ST.  If these guys have verticals and already 6' 9", this could make interesting situations.  That's likely a stretch, but bottom line we need depth at OT