2021 NFL Draft Day 3 Talk Official Thread

We’re still a ways a way, but players I would like in no specific order at our next pick:

RB: Gainwell

TE: Knight

WR: Surratt

OG: Brown

DT: Nixon

LB: Moses

CB: Gowan

S: Sterns

Id be completely happy with any one of the above.  Let the board fall as it will.  Keep your picks. 

Okay as the 4th round comes to a close.... board update... the top 10 hasn't changed much!

1. Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa

2. Quincy Roche, DE, Miami

3. Tony Fields, LB, West Virginia

4. Jamar Johnson, S, Indiana

5. Trey Smith, OG, Tennessee

6. James Wiggins, S, Cincinnati

7. Shi Smith, WR, South Carolina

8. Brevin Jordan, TE, Miami

9. Stone Forsyth, OT, Florida

10. Kenneth Gainwell, RB, Memphis

1 minute ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Tedarrell Slaton and either Shi Smith or Ihmir Smith-Marsette with our two 5ths would be pretty great. Trill Williams a solid consolation prize if those guys are gone. 

Yep, those two receivers are my two guys. If both are there when we go on the clock I'd go with Slaton but if only 1 of the receivers is there I am taking the receiver and waiting on 1T. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

The other thing to say is I think James Wiggins is VERY much in play at #161 if he is there. Bills met him twice and he is there kind of guy. They need a young safety to groom. I'd prioritise receiver, but I think the Bills might go for Wiggins.  

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Am I missing something or did we not have one of the best offenses in the league last year? The only starter we lost was John Brown right? We still have Diggs, Bease and Davis right? 

I get it, we could use more speed. But I’m not going to start flipping tables because we haven’t draft a fast WR or RB just yet. 

We lost to the Chiefs because our defense couldn’t get to the QB and our o-line couldn’t stop the Chiefs front 4. It wasn’t because we lacked a speedy RB or WR..

Preach!

Say it louder for the folks in the back!

The Bills went 13-3 and had the second best offense in the league last year. They’re getting back two starting guards who missed much or all of the year. They’re swapping out an injured John Brown for Sanders. They’re counting on a third year jump from Knox.

Meanwhile, they DID NOT lose to the Chiefs because they lacked speed on offense. They lost in the trenches, specifically due to a lackluster pass rush.

The notion that a fast WR or RB was gonna push us into the Super Bowl is crazy to me. Could we use some speed on offense? Sure. Was it the defining thing holding us back? Not even close.

We also still have four picks left.

People sometimes, man...

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The other thing to say is I think James Wiggins is VERY much in play at #161 if he is there. Bills met him twice and he is there kind of guy. They need a young safety to groom. I'd prioritise receiver, but I think the Bills might go for Wiggins.  

Safety is a very sneaky need. Marlowe signing elsewhere means we have almost no depth, we'd be in a lot of trouble if anything happened to Hyde or Poyer.

Same, I want WR and 1 Tech more, but I like Wiggins a lot.