2021 NFL Draft Day 3 Talk Official Thread

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The offense struggled in the playoffs, defenses slowed down their passing game due to injuries and lack of speed among other reasons.... Was hoping they'd add another weapon outside at WR with speed to give the offense another facet. Guna be hard to duplicate what they did last year and more(SB) with essentially the same group.

Why?   Diggs torn oblique, Davis sprained ankle, Beas broken leg...those are significant injuries to play thru.  And after Smoke fought thru his injuries, his play just dropped off completely.

We didn't get shut down by Indy.  Bmore and Kc did shut us down, so agree there.  But combination of injury and execution both games.

Agree speed would be nice.  But it's more about execution and finding ways to get our guys open.  We have plenty of talent, but I agree another skill position player this draft, with a diff skill, ie quickness, speed, yac would be great.

I'm down to 31 players left on my board but interesting since those first 10 picks of round 4 teams have been taking guys that are more in the middle of what I have left rather than the guys I have with the top grades. How Daviyon Nixon is still there I have no idea. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

To everyone rolling their eyes at me... the Bills have a slow offense. Slow backfield and no speed at WR. McKenzie isn't fast; he's somewhat quick. What is your solution???

This need seems so obvious and makes such a huge difference.

Am I missing something or did we not have one of the best offenses in the league last year? The only starter we lost was John Brown right? We still have Diggs, Bease and Davis right? 

I get it, we could use more speed. But I’m not going to start flipping tables because we haven’t draft a fast WR or RB just yet. 

We lost to the Chiefs because our defense couldn’t get to the QB and our o-line couldn’t stop the Chiefs front 4. It wasn’t because we lacked a speedy RB or WR..

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 6

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

Why?   Diggs torn oblique, Davis sprained ankle, Beas broken leg...those are significant injuries to play thru.  And after Smoke fought thru his injuries, his play just dropped off completely.

We didn't get shut down by Indy.  Bmore and Kc did shut us down, so agree there.  But combination of injury and execution both games.

Agree speed would be nice.  But it's more about execution and finding ways to get our guys open.  We have plenty of talent, but I agree another skill position player this draft, with a diff skill, ie quickness, speed, yac would be great.

Josh Allen beat Indy.   People forget how great he played, especially in the national media, due to the late fumble that Williams recovered.  

Buckner was a demon but, unlike KC, they couldn’t keep Allen hemmed in and our WRs weren’t broken down yet.  

The only other QB’s who could have won that game for us would have been Mahomes or Rodgers.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Am I missing something or did we not have one of the best offenses in the league last year? The only starter we lost was John Brown right? We still have Diggs, Bease and Davis still right? 

I get it, we could use more speed. But I’m not going to start flipping tables because we haven’t draft a fast WR or RB just yet. 

We lost to the Chiefs because our defense couldn’t get to the QB and our o-line couldn’t stop the Chiefs front 4. It wasn’t because we lacked a speedy RB or WR..

Someone better be getting fired!!

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Well. Despite McD and Beane saying they need to add speed on offense to compete with the Chiefs, it appears they are out of options. In fact, speed on offense only got worse by replacing Brown with Sanders.

Unbelievable

I agree man. Beane has been talking out his butt about wanting touchdown makers but drafts two DEs with his first two picks?  One of which is a huge project. I don’t get it. I mean I can understand one, but two was a little overboard. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

What speed options are left in either medium?

I mean not saying we take them but

Kenny Gainwell RB Memphis

Dazz Newsome WR UNC 

a couple pretty fast dudes the Bills have showed interest in 

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Gunner a quick question.  How did you have Dane Jackson graded last year?

I hadn't watched 3 games of him so he wasn't formally graded and on the board but I thought he was a late day 3 guy who had some inside / outside flex. I actually thought he might be more likely to make his mark in the slot. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

What speed options are left in either medium?

Really ?

I will drop everything and start on a list.

There are FOUR MONTHS until the season.

Multiple opportunities for our GM to address your concerns.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Am I missing something or did we not have one of the best offenses in the league last year? The only starter we lost was John Brown right? We still have Diggs, Bease and Davis right? 

Matt Breida is the fastest RB in the league 

• Like (+1) 1