2021 NFL Draft Day 3 Talk Official Thread

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

My board is getting hollowed out fast so far today. 

EDIT: And then the Vikings pick a running back I have never even heard of as the 6th back off the board. 

The guy the Vikings took wasn't overly productive, but he's ridiculously fast. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I wasn't really directing that comment at the Bills in any way. During the draft I am as much Draft geek as I am Bills fan. I made that comment with the Draft geek hat on. 

I'm aware.  I am just hoping that the Bills have a vaster draft board from which to make solid selections.

In my opinion, I think Cleveland has quietly built a roster that can compete with anyone. I know we laugh at Baker but I thought he wasn’t that bad last season. Offensively they have some nice Wr and Odel coming back. They probably have a better running game than us. 

If they get their defense figured out there is no reason to think that they won’t be in the conversation for top spot. 

The AfC is just loaded with some good teams and the East will be a dogfight. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, jkeerie said:

I'm aware.  I am just hoping that the Bills have a vaster draft board from which to make solid selections.

I imagine they have similar numbers to my board - most teams have a board of about 100-140 players but I would also expect theirs to have been reduced down to that number more scientifically than mine based on scheme fit. Mine is only about that number because fitting watching more than that in is impossible around an actual job!!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

In my opinion, I think Cleveland has quietly built a roster that can compete with anyone. I know we laugh at Baker but I thought he wasn’t that bad last season. Offensively they have some nice Wr and Odel coming back. They probably have a better running game than us. 

If they get their defense figured out there is no reason to think that they won’t be in the conversation for top spot. 

Cleveland is definitely as strong a contender to knock off the Chiefs as anyone at this point. They've had a great offseason and were already good.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Totally agree browns and bills are essentially next tier after Chiefs 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Hopefully, Raiders and KC beat up on each other. Hopefully, that entire division gets stronger and KC gets stuck in the muck.

That division is going to be insane. Chargers are having a great draft

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Cleveland might have the most talented roster in the NFL.  

Just goes to show how insanely important QB is.   

I think Baker is good, but he’s not Mahomes, Allen, Watson, Rodgers.  

It’s the same problem Miami has.. Seem to be building a really strong roster, but Tua’s ceiling doesn’t seem that high.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

That quote on the running game may be the greatest understatement ever...Their running game is light years ahead of the Bills...They have 2 horses and a really good run blocking O-line and scheme...

But that's by design. They saw what Baker was going to be in his 2nd season, and they adjusted to his strengths...I totally agree the Browns are getting better...But when it comes to the playoffs I'm not afraid of facing a Baker led team, especially if the Bills D improves the way I hope it will...B-)

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Cleveland might have the most talented roster in the NFL.  

Just goes to show how insanely important QB is.   

I think Baker is good, but he’s not Mahomes, Allen, Watson, Rodgers.  

It’s the same problem Miami has.. Seem to be building a really strong roster, but Tua’s ceiling doesn’t seem that high.  

Hard to find that unicorn qb 

1 minute ago, BillsSbSoon said:

That division is going to be insane. Chargers are having a great draft

I actually think the AFCW and the AFCE will beat up on each other this year.  The AFCN...it will be the Ravens and Browns competing.  Steelers have more rebuilding to do than they are willing to acknowledge and Bengals are still a bit away.  As to the AFCS...it will be Titans v Colts.  Texans are a dumpster fire and Jags will be making it up as they go along.

• Like (+1) 2