2021 NFL Draft Day 3 Talk Official Thread

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Nah we need a receiver at some point and that is where the talent is deepest.

My friend, I’ve got to hand it to you. Most draft buffs do not have the faintest clue in what they’re talking about, but you do. I went over the TBD Mock 1.0 and you were right on the money on just about everything. I value your opinion but I completely disagree. Our offense is elite, if we can bring up that defense a little bit I think we are going to make another deep push.

Just now, SCBills said:

Not sold on Wilson at all, but the rest of the Jets Draft looks good.  Carter is a nice pick for a team with trash bags at RB. 

Exactly, so glad the Jests didn't take Fields or Lance. Even if Wilson has the skills, he's going to get physically shredded. 

But they've had a good draft otherwise.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Any chance we trade our 2 5th round picks and move up into the 4th?

If we can package one 5th with our 6th or 7th to move up a bit, ok... but I’m not packaging both together. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Not sold on Wilson at all, but the rest of the Jets Draft looks good.  Carter is a nice pick for a team with trash bags at RB. 

Carter is tiny and was medically flagged but decent value in the 4th

It's crazy this year because I actually feel like a lot of teams have truly gotten better. There's only a couple that I have thought to myself "what in the actual f*** are they doing?" when looking at how they've maneuvered. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

My friend, I’ve got to hand it to you. Most draft buffs do not have the faintest clue in what they’re talking about, but you do. I went over the TBD Mock 1.0 and you were right on the money on just about everything. I value your opinion but I completely disagree. Our offense is elite, if we can bring up that defense a little bit I think we are going to make another deep push.

As said on the first page, I think we'll draft the BPA now - whether that's offense, defense or special teams.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, H2o said:

It's crazy this year because I actually feel like a lot of teams have truly gotten better. There's only a couple that I have thought to myself "what in the actual f*** are they doing?" when looking at how they've maneuvered. 

Especially the teams we are most interested in... the three in our division, the Chiefs, the Ravens, the Browns...

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I don’t know that our offense is “elite”. 

Josh Allen, our WR’s and OL Pass Pro are elite, but we need a running game to develop and for us to have more receiving options outside of the top 4 guys.   

We saw what a long season can do at the wrong time when all 4 of our WR’s were hurt in the AFCCG.  

Elite statistically, yes.. but I do think we need one more piece.  

Maybe it’s on the roster already, maybe it’s a post-draft trade, but we do need a strong 5th WR or a strong TE when we go 3/4 wide all the time.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Showing Jags Draft on ESPN and I think they did a great job.  

Don’t know much about the OT from Stanford, but Lawrence/Etienne is a home run pairing and Tyson Campbell/Andre Cisco are immediate starters in the secondary. 

I love their draft. Jags are going to be really fun to watch. Knew he was going to take a bunch of skill positions early

The Bungles only have about 8 employees so their HC has to double up as a pick announcer. Classy Cincy. Stay classy. 

The Lions fan of the year. Otherwise known as THE Lions fan. 

Edited by GunnerBill

11 minutes ago, wppete said:

It’s going to hurt not having a 4th round pick and watching some good players get picked here.. I really was hoping for Darren Hall. He’s gone to Atlanta.

Just enjoy paying off the mortgage on Diggs.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, wppete said:

It’s going to hurt not having a 4th round pick and watching some good players get picked here.. I really was hoping for Darren Hall. He’s gone to Atlanta.

Yeah, love the name too. I’m hoping David Moore makes it to the Bills. Need some nastiness in the interior of offensive line. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t know that our offense is “elite”. 

Josh Allen, our WR’s and OL Pass Pro are elite, but we need a running game to develop and for us to have more receiving options outside of the top 4 guys.   

We saw what a long season can do at the wrong time when all 4 of our WR’s were hurt in the AFCCG.  

Elite statistically, yes.. but I do think we need one more piece.  

Maybe it’s on the roster already, maybe it’s a post-draft trade, but we do need a strong 5th WR or a strong TE when we go 3/4 wide all the time.  

I like Hollister, I think he's going to have a career year with Josh. Much like Bease and John Brown did.

And don't count out Lil Dirty... He too was unfortunately banged up in the playoffs. 

But I wouldn't mind adding a speedy wr/kr and a faster RB to compete with Moss & Motor. 

• Agree 1