New OT Spencer Brown joins mafia by jumping through table

I am not a big fan of the jumping through tables phenomenon. Granted, I am not of the generation that has embraced that way of celebrating. With that said, the advent of the Bills Mafia moniker and the table jumping antics has certainly made an impression with young players as they come out of college.

They all seem to have prior knowledge of, and want to be a part of, Bills Mafia. I think that is a great thing for our team and area. I wonder if there are any other fan bases in the NFL that have as much name recognition as ours does right now?

• Like (+1) 4

I kind of said this last night, but...

I don't think I've ever so quickly gone from confounded/flummoxed/indifferent by a draft pick (a tackle? Really?) to absolutely loving the player and thinking he's gonna be a critical part of our team and being super glad we drafted him.

One can not read about this dude, watch him in action, or consider his potential without becoming seriously ***** excited that he's a Buffalo Bill.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

I kind of said this last night, but...

I don't think I've ever so quickly gone from confounded/flummoxed/indifferent by a draft pick (a tackle? Really?) to absolutely loving the player and thinking he's gonna be a critical part of our team and being super glad we drafted him.

One can not read about this dude, watch him in action, or consider his potential without becoming seriously ***** excited that he's a Buffalo Bill.

I was asleep by the time we made this pick. When I woke up I was kinda pissed (a tackle? Really?) But within like 10 mins I was in love. Between this video, the video of him putting up 500 lbs, the fact that he’s from a town of 1300, etc. Just awesome 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I was asleep by the time we made this pick. When I woke up I was kinda pissed (a tackle? Really?) But within like 10 mins I was in love. Between this video, the video of him putting up 500 lbs, the fact that he’s from a town of 1300, etc. Just awesome 

If Dawkins or Daryl Williams miss any snaps this year, that's when we'll be REALLY glad we drafted Brown. Our tackle depth was....not so great, to put it kindly, before drafting Brown. Not that I think he'll immediately be a great player or anything. I realize he's a bit of a project. But man oh man, does he seem like a project well worth taking on.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Dude’s 6’9. He should’ve chokeslammed a buddy through the table Undertaker style. 

He's just a rookie.  The chokeslam through the table is a highly sophisticated movement that comes with time and development.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

After listening to his interview, I’ve come to the conclusion that he’ll be our RT for 7+ years.  This kid gets Buffalo.  And now his entire town of 800 are all Bills fans.  

Its crazy - he gives real meaning to "The Josh Allen of Linemen" - small blue collar town, work on the family farm, play football/basketball/baseball in HS, go to small college program, etc.

And we all know Josh could bench 500 if he put his mind to it

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

Also, I could have sworn that Dawson Knox also did this after he was drafted but I can’t seem to find a video of it...

He sure did, I can't find it either, but I remember it. Him and Knox should get along just fine.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

I love this guy and I love this draft!!! All three of these guys seem like the teal deal and super high character guys. I’m pumped!

Same, 100%.

Beane has a real vision, imo - and he just knows what he's doing.  It's great going into these offseasons & drafts having full confidence in the GM and the rest of the Bills braintrust.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, I was impressed that they had a large Buffalo flag at the ready.  No caps or shirts though so maybe it was a local fan who ran over.

He said in his interview that his mom went out and got a bunch of flags though I think we were on the list of places he thought he'd go.