Day 3 Targets?

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Yup.  Really feeling that this draft is pretty much over for us.  It’s a shallow pool due to so many players taking the extra season of eligibility and I always consider 6th and 7th round picks just priority FAs anyway.  Maybe we get a guy that falls to us in the fifth but I think it’ll be pretty picked over by then.  And there’s a real possibility that it would be a DT.  That’ll act be funny even though we could use a 1T in the pipeline. 

How many players actually took that season of eligibility?

It’s been pointed out that there are some significant differences, contractually, between a FA and a late-round draft pick, that advantage the team.

That aside, in 2017 we picked up Milano in the 5th.  In all 3 of Beane’s drafts to date, we grabbed at least 2 players that are contributing to the team (or should be *ahem* Teller).  We may be counting on one of them to hold down CB opposite Tre!

2 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Playing devil’s advocate, absolutely if we want to include future picks. Realistically, the answer simply depends on the team and situation with the board. If we just fell in love with a guy then I’d say possibly to maybe probably? A team like the Rams who are short on picks could find more value in bringing in a bunch of guys vs. 1. 

I guess what I meant was, purely in terms of value could we package 2 5ths and a 7th, say, to move into the 4th?

• Like (+1) 2

I like Kary Vincent CB/FS out of LSU. 

He's on the small size, like Asante Samuel Jr. But sub 4.4 and tons of picks. 

Moved between CB and FS in the LSU defense. Could add a speedy dimension to our defensive backfield if he makes it to the 5th. 

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I guess what I meant was, purely in terms of value could we package 2 5ths and a 7th, say, to move into the 4th?

Same answer. Not trying to dodge your question or anything, but there is no one value chart, as much as fans like to refer to those out there. 

Off the cuff/in a vacuum, it feels like 2 5s, a 6 and a 7 should probably be worth a mid-rd 4, yes. But again, it takes another team to WANT to do that deal with you, so practically speaking, it all depends on how other teams view the board, their draft, roster, etc. 

I don't have a specific player in mind but a RB or WR with speed is my #1 desire today. I appreciate that we spent our first 2 picks on players that can stop KC from scoring. Now we need a player that can help us score on them.

11 hours ago, glazeduck said:

Nearly 70 more picks before were on the clock again, so possibly none of these guys are even worth listing, but going into tomorrow I’ll be looking at: 

RB:

-Michael Carter

-Kenny Gainwell

-Demetric Felton

-Chubba Hubbard

-Jermar Jefferson 

WR:

-Ihmir Smith-Marsette

-Amon-Ra St. Brown

-Seth Williams

-Brandon Smith

-Mike Strachan

TE:

-Brevin Jordan

OL:

-Trey Smith

-Deonte Brown

-Trey Hill

DT:

-Tyler Shelvin

-Davion Nixon

-Bobby Brown

-Tommy Togiai

-Tederrel Slaton

LB:

-Jabril Cox

-Dylan Moses

-Cam McGrone

-Tony Fields

-Charles Snowden

-Hamsah Nasirildeen (Nickel)

-Jacoby Stevens (Nickel)

CB:

-Marco Wilson 

-Tay Gowan

-Shaun Wade

-Robert Rochelle 

-Israel Mukuamu

-Olaijah Griffin

-Keith Taylor

-Trill Williams

Robert Rochell sticks out to me...I can't believe he hasn't been taken yet. I think we should definitely draft him with the 4th rd pick.

James Bradberry 2.0 ... he can come in & probably win the CB job opposite Tre'Day

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Scorp83 said:

Robert Rochell sticks out to me...I can't believe he hasn't been taken yet. I think we should definitely draft him with the 4th rd pick.

James Bradberry 2.0 ... he can come in & probably win the CB job opposite Tre'Day

We don't have a 4rh round pick and I'm not sure Rochell really fits as an outside corner in zone. I think he would be a nickel in this defense. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We don't have a 4rh round pick and I'm not sure Rochell really fits as an outside corner in zone. I think he would be a nickel in this defense. 

I thought we have the 17th pick in the 4th rd today? 

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Yup.  Really feeling that this draft is pretty much over for us.  It’s a shallow pool due to so many players taking the extra season of eligibility and I always consider 6th and 7th round picks just priority FAs anyway.  Maybe we get a guy that falls to us in the fifth but I think it’ll be pretty picked over by then.  And there’s a real possibility that it would be a DT.  That’ll act be funny even though we could use a 1T in the pipeline. 

I wouldn't trade away the rest of the draft for 1 player and I don't believe Beane would either. Yes, we still need a 1 tech and hopefully 1 falls to one of our 5th rd picks. There are other needs to fill as well. Trust the process, let Beane do his thing.

Entering the draft what positions could a draft pick be a start? 

RB

TE

CB2

Edge

You could argue we may have drafted a starting edge guy. I think both guys are a year or two away. In all three rounds so far I fell like a RB, TE, CB was available that could compete for a starting job. That leads me to believe the team feels set on those positions or has a trade/free agent in the works, and preferred to use picks for 2-3 years down the road. 

1 hour ago, Scorp83 said:

I like this guy. Add another CB from DBU.

1 hour ago, Craig Oi said:

I wouldn't trade away the rest of the draft for 1 player and I don't believe Beane would either. Yes, we still need a 1 tech and hopefully 1 falls to one of our 5th rd picks. There are other needs to fill as well. Trust the process, let Beane do his thing.

Not sure. Been a run on interior DL prospects this round...at least the ones that were on the top of the food chain.

Perhaps Beane has a sleeper in mind. I went into this draft worried about the interior of both lines - still am.

The draft is not the only way to fill needs and the Bills were pretty good last year, just struggled to match up with a few of the elite teams in our way.