Could an animal play in the NFL?

3 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Ok, so I’m in a funny mood right now and just out of morbid curiosity, I wanted to get a few laughs in here. We all know Beane is a wizard, so what if he trained a cheetah or a silverback gorilla to catch a football and run towards the end zone , would it theoretically be allowed? Is there any NFL rule that says animals are forbidden to play? Lololol I’m sure PETA would protest. 

You might be a little closer to delirium than being in a “ funny mood”!  Might be time to put the draft guides away and try to catch a little sleep!  Maybe this was already conjured up under the influence of Ambien!  Lol,,,, tomorrow will be a fresh new start! 😀😊

47 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Dude, a tiger would have no chance against a gorilla

The largest wild Siberian tiger recorded weighed 660 pounds, compared to 589 pounds for largest ever wild gorilla. However a gorilla will typically be a little larger than a Siberian tiger due to the largest Siberian tigers having been hunted and killed. 

Siberian tigers will sometimes prey on brown bears and black bears. The presence of a Siberian tiger in an area causes a local extinction for wolves. Felines are strong: a male lion can break the neck of a horse with a single swipe of a paw. 

In a football game a Siberian tiger would use its speed, enormous strength, and athleticism to tackle a gorilla. In a fight to the death (often discouraged in football games), the Siberian tiger would rely on its speed, strength, and cat quick reflexes in an effort to go for the jugular or otherwise kill its opponent. A gorilla would seek to break its opponent’s bones, and would have the ability to use its hands to grab hold of its enemy. It would be a great fight, but my money would be on the animal which must always kill before it can eat. 

6 hours ago, DQW87 said:

The Patriots already have a bunch of cheetahs!      That's all folks!!!!

He’ll be here all the week... 

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Losing team goes to Valhalla

There would just be so much blood on the field

High pressure hoses....and large drains on the side lines...

6 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Ok, so I’m in a funny mood right now and just out of morbid curiosity, I wanted to get a few laughs in here. We all know Beane is a wizard, so what if he trained a cheetah or a silverback gorilla to catch a football and run towards the end zone , would it theoretically be allowed? Is there any NFL rule that says animals are forbidden to play? Lololol I’m sure PETA would protest. 

Was that funny mood brought on by bath salts ? ;)

6 hours ago, DQW87 said:

The Patriots already have a bunch of cheetahs!      That's all folks!!!!

You forgot the drum roll ;) 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Boxcar said:

Problem with silverbacks is you'd have to somehow ensure it didn't just kill anyone who tried to tackle it.

Our zoo here in Cincinnati can handle things like that.

Too soon?

Edited by Seasons1992
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Just got done watching Air Bud?