Could an animal play in the NFL?

It was hard to have confidence in buddy Nix. But it was even harder to have confidence in that marketing guy that wore the 80s suits. 

Do you think if you could get a dolphin to punt, they would only be able to punt for the Miami Dolphins?

1 hour ago, mathja said:

I don’t know if you can teach an animal to NOT flinch at the line of scrimmage. So many penalties. 

There are lots of animals that don't flinch just before they are about to attack.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, billsherd said:

There are lots of animals that don't flinch just before they are about to attack.

I seriously wonder if someone could train an elephant to catch a football with its trunk. Good luck trying to tackle it lol 

1 minute ago, sirebors said:

I don't think I've ever read such a useless post in the middle of the NFL draft. Beyond ridiculous. 

That was the point. A break in the football lull. We have all discussed football all day non stop. It was a thread to bring a few laughs. There are hundreds of draft related threads available. Don’t take life so seriously all the time. 

5 minutes ago, sirebors said:

I don't think I've ever read such a useless post in the middle of the NFL draft. Beyond ridiculous. 

Technically, this started after round three ended. 

I’m pretty sure that a jellyfish would be a useless animal when it comes to playing in an NFL game. Don’tcha think?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mathja said:

Technically, this started after round three ended. 

I’m pretty sure that a jellyfish would be a useless animal when it comes to playing in an NFL game. Don’tcha think?

A large octopus wouldn’t have very many missed tackles. Just need to have a tank of water nearby between plays. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

2 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Ok, so I’m in a funny mood right now and just out of morbid curiosity, I wanted to get a few laughs in here. We all know Beane is a wizard, so what if he trained a cheetah or a silverback gorilla to catch a football and run towards the end zone , would it theoretically be allowed? Is there any NFL rule that says animals are forbidden to play? Lololol I’m sure PETA would protest. 

A buffalo playing for the Bills would be pretty cool. It would definitely be a DT though.

42 minutes ago, sirebors said:

You sound like you're a blast at parties.

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I seriously wonder if someone could train an elephant to catch a football with its trunk. Good luck trying to tackle it lol 

That was the point. A break in the football lull. We have all discussed football all day non stop. It was a thread to bring a few laughs. There are hundreds of draft related threads available. Don’t take life so seriously all the time. 

I'm sure a gorilla can catch. Good luck trying to tackle that silverback 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Problem with silverbacks is you'd have to somehow ensure it didn't just kill anyone who tried to tackle it.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Unsportsmanlike conduct, taunting. I’m sure the ground crew would hate it after a TD celebration. 01d41e816acc21c026fb7c4587d3ab18_w200.gi

3 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Problem with silverbacks is you'd have to somehow ensure it didn't just kill anyone who tried to tackle it.

I think the NFLPA is currently in negotiations. 

• Haha (+1) 1