RD 3, Pick 30 (93): Spencer Brown, OT (Northern Iowa)

Draft Pick Approval  

435 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of this pick?

• Approve
    • Disapprove
    • I Don't Know

3 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Ok I’m changing my vote. This has probably been posted but I’m too lazy to go through and look....

dislocated shoulder, ten weeks....hope not..

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Ok I’m changing my vote. This has probably been posted but I’m too lazy to go through and look....

There are few dumber things in this world than smashing tables. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I know it’s crazy to think of doing this with a guy you just took. Maybe even more so considering our first two rounds.....but looking at the description and the measurements. The elite measurement and athleticism. What if you made this guy an interior d lineman? He already would have the size and seems to have the explosiveness. Our depth on the oline is excellent IMO. We don’t need anyone else there. We have a ton of players on the DLine but not a lot of good ones. I would think just might be a decent idea.

7 hours ago, Perry Turtle said:

Well Beane's been a fool since he drafted the wrong Josh. 😉

Go back to the 2018 draft grades (hint Arizona with Rosen and the Jests with Darnold) or for pure fun look at the 2018 TBD draft thread .. not linked to in order to protect the guilty. By three years .. we will know

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yep,  after QB the most expensive players in football are top pass rushers and LT's.     Good, sound decision making.

Holy smokes this is the best draft of my lifetime so far.  The sanity of it, Beane’s explanations for the picks, I’m blown away.  This is the approach some of us have been urging them to take for DECADES.

Brown’s mirroring/feet, punch, perseverance and attitude are shockingly good.  He’s a potential Gold Jacket right tackle and no I’m not overstating it.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Im too old for all that nonsense but the kids seem to like it

Because why not just wreck things purposely for a laugh and throw it in a landfill?

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

More likely that they weren’t happy with the corners available at 61 and 93.

The draft is not for patching holes.  The “we needed a cornerback” folks don’t understand how this works.  Taking the 12th best corner over a premium pass rusher or LT prospect because you need a corner is the kind of dumb decision-making that produced decades of futility.  

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1