RD 3, Pick 30 (93): Spencer Brown, OT (Northern Iowa)

Draft Pick Approval  

435 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of this pick?

• Approve
    • Disapprove
    • I Don't Know

2 hours ago, wppete said:

Man that sr bowl coverage is really the best tape that gets out their to the general public.  I spent literally hours on Nageys twitter after the bowl.  The 1 on 1, and drills, and all the other stuff they do gives you a different view and appreciation of how good these guys are.  Helpful camera angles.  Scouting guys on the line is so freaking hard with the standard gameday camera angle. Love this stuff.

Wish his arms were longer, and he does have a narrow frame.  His fast feet are really going to keep him from getting in a bad position he cant dig himself out of.  Impressive stuff.  Thanks for the post

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

In reading about this guy's intensity, dedication, and loyalty, and learning of his absolutely insane athletic ability and physical prowess and watching clips of him in action....

I am quickly going from "Who? What? Why?!?!" to "this is my favorite pick of the draft".

This dude is an absolute unit, and I predict that it will not be long at all before Bills fans are extremely thankful that he's on our team.

Yeah, same. That ceiling is insane, I think it's crazy this guy slipped so far down. I guess he's a bit of a project, but so is Rousseau.

• Like (+1) 1

I like this pick, i might have tried to wait another round but either way he was going soon imo.  Great feet for a big man, still very raw/inexperienced but he has that Incognito nasty in him and with the right coaching he could really turn into a stud.  And while he projects to the right side with his athleticism and feet if he puts in the work and wants the payday he could be a LT just as easily so to speak.  The Bills could have a Orlando Brown/Ronnie Staley situation in 2-3 years, only I bet they handle it much much better.

People have been ragging on a Beane a little about not having the ability or at least not showing it so far in getting superstars, and I think the jury is still out though what happens with key players this year will tell us a lot, but I also think part of the strategy intially was of course going for superstars but also leaning toward guys with higher floors more so than guys with higher ceilings, and I think now that was have our base roster, they, McBean, are now going for more higher ceiling guys than higher floor which has a better probability of having guys turn out to be absolute superstars instead of just solid starters.

Though if Rousseau had been able to come out after that ridiculous season he probably would have been a top 15-20 pick easy.

4 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Hmm, don’t see the need again here, but obviously he has some serious potential.  Would have gone after the Cuse CB.

Yep, I think melifonwu ( sp, cuse cb) may have actually seen more snaps this year and given us a little hope in solving our long standing issue covering tight ends , but they decided a backup swing tackle prospect was more pressing.   I think it’s their order of filling needs that is raising questions so far in this draft. Still 4 picks to go so hopefully Beane will find more answers. 

3 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Man that sr bowl coverage is really the best tape that gets out their to the general public.  I spent literally hours on Nageys twitter after the bowl.  The 1 on 1, and drills, and all the other stuff they do gives you a different view and appreciation of how good these guys are.  Helpful camera angles.  Scouting guys on the line is so freaking hard with the standard gameday camera angle. Love this stuff.

Wish his arms were longer, and he does have a narrow frame.  His fast feet are really going to keep him from getting in a bad position he cant dig himself out of.  Impressive stuff.  Thanks for the post

Doesn't he have long arms?

7 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

6'8 and 311lbs?

Yes please

Listed at 6-foot-8, 311 pounds,

Brown is a powerful potential swing tackle, something the Bills need after Ty Nsekhe left in free agency. After four years at the FCS level, it might take Brown some time to adjust, but Buffalo won't need him to contribute right away with Dion Dawkins and Daryl Williams locked up for at least the next three seasons. If he develops quickly, however, he gives the Bills a potential out from Williams' contract if cap space gets tight. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

I voted “disapprove” only because I wanted a cornerback at some point in the first 3 rounds. With some people trying to change our draft picks positions, does anybody know if Brown has ever played corner at all? Maybe in high school? Maybe Beane can get him to drop 150 lbs...

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It does seem to be Beane's consistent MO to go for high ceiling/athletic freak/boom or bust type guys.

Almost to the point of even Raiders fans making fun of us.  Not that I'm complaining, I mean.

• Haha (+1) 1