RD 3, Pick 30 (93): Spencer Brown, OT (Northern Iowa)

Draft Pick Approval  

435 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of this pick?

• Approve
    • Disapprove
    • I Don't Know

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Fact: we drafted a backup offensive lineman with starting -- possible star -- CBs on the board. McDermott continues to put low priority on CB talent.

The game is won in the trenches, if we can get to the QB it makes the Corners job much easier. We will address the situation either in the draft or with more veteran help. 

1 minute ago, Buffarukus said:

am i nuts or is this he a good fit for a lee smith replacement. 

i hear he was a former te is huge and has speed in this thread.

in on heavy packages and can catch a pass here or there? 

Runs faster than Lee

Obviously, the Bills don't plan on him starting any time soon.  Maybe by the time Daryl Williams' contract is up he'll be ready to step in.  Right now, he's competition for Bobby Hart for the swing tackle spot.  At 6'8" I don't think the Bills have any thought of playing him inside.  What I'm reading is that he has gained a lot of weight over the last few years, and while the weight is lean muscle, I think he probably needs time to adjust to the larger body mass.  He has the frame to add even more weight.  he's athletic and strong, but doesn't have real refined blocking technique - not a huge surprise considering he played at Norther Iowa.  I don't think he is a candidate for PS.  Somebody would be sure to snap him up.  Probably the hope is that he can prove good enough right now to enable the Bills to trade Bobby Hart.  There are only so many roster spots Buffalo can realistically devote to offensive line, and they've got a ton of bodies right now, literally.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I've never believed that the coaches view Levi in the same way that the fans do..

Nope, they let him become a FA and didn’t even tender him. Levi is only back because he wants to be here. He’s making nothing. Otoh, I think they have big plans for Dane.

2 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

am i nuts or is this he a good fit for a lee smith replacement. 

i hear he was a former te is huge and has speed in this thread.

in on heavy packages and can catch a pass here or there? 

ive always been the loudest advocate of getting young OTs reps in that role instead of carrying such a specialized tight end that’s 100% a blocker. 

he’s a great prospect for that role. Even if he never goes out on a route for real 

• Like (+1) 1

Looking to set up future starters on rookie deals at premium positions for when 17 gets paid.  Or maybe we plan on turning him into a tight end.  Who could cover a guy that size?

16 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

The need is swing tackle.  It’s an important position and he could develop into a starter.  

Why are so many not seeing it?  Most were expecting a C/G.  They may have players they like at 5 Thru 7. 

I was surprised by the back-to-back DE picks.

Good prospects, just did not expect them to grab 2 after taking Epenesa last year and having Johnson in development.

I did suspect they would take an OT before addressing G/C. Guys that can play inside are usually easier to find.

Now for the 4th round of nothin... we will see what Beane does with his 2 picks in the 5th.