RD 3, Pick 30 (93): Spencer Brown, OT (Northern Iowa)

Draft Pick Approval  

435 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of this pick?

• Approve
    • Disapprove
    • I Don't Know

2 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I'd say a CB had a pretty good shot of taking a starting job away from a UDFA or 7th rounder. 

Oh you mean the UDFA that’s been an effective starting CB2 on a playoff team two years in a row?

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

Oh you mean the UDFA that’s been an effective starting CB2 on a playoff team two years in a row?

Effective but obviously upgradable. I'm not even trying to hate on Wallace, I think he's a serviceable zone CB for the Bills, but to deny that he's an obvious spot for an upgrade is just hubris.

9 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

So we got the Josh Allen of DEs and the Josh Allen of OTs

Is that going to be a new thing? The "Josh Allen of X"? That would be awesome.

So, year 3, all our Josh Allens will be top 3 players in the league? Digg it!!

Not going to be absurd and pretend I know anything about him from watching him play at Northern Iowa (not part of my Verizon FIOS package).  But, from what I’ve read post-selection and from what the NFLN “analysts” had to say, it seems like a very positive, high ceiling selection.  

He’s clearly massive, played basketball so he’s athletic to boot and he apparently impressed NFL O  Line coaches at the Senior Bowl.  Everyone did say he’s a project so as others have noted he is the heir apparent to Daryl Williams (they say he’s a RT).  This is another reminder to me that I’ve got to remember to put my trust in the men who are experts at football talent evaluation—though it’s a lot of fun to research as you build up to the draft with the third round over for us and with a clear head, I have to remind myself to trust the guys who turned this organization around ... but I hope their plans include a massive 1 technique DT, a CB2 to build on, a fast WR and some surprises so I can rant until I cool off (45 years of this is a lot for me!).

Edited by biggerdaddynj

IDK why so many are doubting that Beane will address CB in some capacity. When has he just threw his hands up and said "oh well, let's hope this is good enough"? Every year he brings in proven vets to compete at spots that didn't get addressed through the draft to his liking, this year will be no different.

Also, its not a given that Wallace has plateaued, and Johnson is more than solid in the Nickel role. Levi was a UDFA, Taron 5th round, stop sleeping on the mastermind and... trust the process.  

• Like (+1) 2