RD 3, Pick 30 (93): Spencer Brown, OT (Northern Iowa)

Draft Pick Approval  

435 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of this pick?

• Approve
    • Disapprove
    • I Don't Know

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

That number on the 3 cone drill is something you see on WRs and CBs.  That's insane.  

Which in all seriousness begs the question. Do you put 20 pounds on him for tackle or take 20 off and have a 6'8" 290lb TE with those measurables only quicker.  He played basketball, he can catch.

14 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hopefully 335 in a couple years, looks slim

Easily has the frame to fill out. Coupled with that athleticism and huge wing span. Another solid prospect with a lot of upside.

As much as I had my pet cracks in the roster I was hoping they would address, these look like some real intriguing picks so far.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, TailgateChef said:

Felt like we needed interior line more.  A C/G player to push Ford and Feliciano, and also be prepared if Morse had another concussion.  I suppose, swing tackle....(?)

But the prospect of Bobby Hart playing OT is far worse than Ike Boettger playing G. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Which in all seriousness begs the question. Do you put 20 pounds on him for tackle or take 20 off and have a 6'8" 290lb TE with those measurables only quicker.  He played basketball, he can catch.

This.  Same can be said of Rousseau 

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Except on goalline and short yardage and who will probably have at least a handful of touchdowns.  Who did you want that was going to start day one as a late 3rd round pick?

I'd say a CB had a pretty good shot of taking a starting job away from a UDFA or 7th rounder. 

4 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I'd keep him at OT,  but he could still be a receiving threat on tackle-eligible plays. 

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

I'd say a CB had a pretty good shot of taking a starting job away from a UDFA or 7th rounder. 

Which one?  Or are we just going to say any?  

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Tackle.  100%

Too tall for Guard. 

Wasn't talking about Brown