RD 3, Pick 30 (93): Spencer Brown, OT (Northern Iowa)

Draft Pick Approval  

435 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of this pick?

• Approve
    • Disapprove
    • I Don't Know

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Well.  They love their projects.  Secondary  depth is a serious concern.

The draft isn't over, also they can still find a free agent if someone is let go. I agree we need some depth there but a solid pass rush will certainly make the DB's job easier.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

It's fun to open toys on Christmas morning, but sometimes what you really NEED is a pair of socks and a sweater. This is a "pair of socks and a sweater" kind of year. 

True. and I suspect Beane has a helluva list of undrafted free agents full of fast RBs, WRs and corners 

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I feel much better about our tackle depth now, I'll tell you that.

We were one Dion Dawkins or Daryl Williams injury away from entrusting Josh Allen's health to Bobby Hart before this pick. That's all I'm gonna say.

Haha I know what you're saying.

But 3rd round pick as depth is a little disappointing for me.

I want a 3rd round pick to come in and compete for a starting job

After UNI postponed their 2020 season to the spring, Spencer opted to forgo his senior season and prepare for the 2021 NFL Draft. He is the tallest tackle in the class at 6-foot-8 and 3/8 and is arguably the most athletic prospect regardless of position in the entire draft.

His mobility and agility in space are remarkable. On the play below, he comes barreling down from his right tackle spot and cleans the clock of an unsuspecting defender on a screen to the opposite side of the field.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1