RD 3, Pick 30 (93): Spencer Brown, OT (Northern Iowa)

Draft Pick Approval  

435 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of this pick?

• Approve
    • Disapprove
    • I Don't Know

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Discuss

Sounds like we got our backup Swing Tackle?

"Towering tackle prospect with the hands, feet and length in place to become a quality pass protector on the next level. Despite playing right tackle his entire career at Northern Iowa, Brown has the athleticism to give it a go on the left side if a team desires. He's packed on weight and muscle over the years but his performance at the Senior Bowl practices showed that there is still work to do in terms of improving his core strength to offset his high center of gravity. He can play in a variety of run schemes but he will be at his best on the move, where his foot quickness will give him an advantage in finding the angles. Slippery athletes with good length will be trouble for him early and maybe beyond, but he's an above-average hand-fighter with a variety of pass sets he can utilize, which should help him as an eventual starter with early swing tackle value."

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

image.thumb.png.388a7803d9d2440ff4ccb5cfb4119ad9.png

Holy *****. I've never seen someone with a "10" RAS before.  He ranked NUMBER ONE out of 1143 OT prospects in RAS between 1987 and 2021

😯

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Shocked 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, TailgateChef said:

Felt like we needed interior line more.  A C/G player to push Ford and Feliciano, and also be prepared if Morse had another concussion.  I suppose, swing tackle....(?)

I think at this point its not gonna happen... this is more for the future. A replacment for Daryl Williams. Seems we are looking to get younger behind our vet starters

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1