Who did you want in the 2nd round when the Bills were on the clock?

Who did you want in the 2nd round when the Bills were on the clock?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you want in the 2nd round when the Bills were on the clock?

• Dyami Brown (or other WR)
    • Creed Humphrey (or other IOL)
    • Jalen Mayfield (or other OT)
    • CB (Robinson/Molden/Melifonwu)
    • LB (Cox/Browning)
    • TE (Jordan/Tremble)
    • DT (Nixon, McNeil)
    • Carlos "Boogie" Basham
    • other DE (Ossai, Perkins)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/26/2022 at 10:37 AM

I wanted Boogie! I thought there was no way we would take him because of Rousseau but when we did, I cried tears of joy. Especially since we had a terrible pass rush last year. I thought Boogie had a late 1st round grade to maybe early 2nd round grade, he was excellent value at 61, I couldn’t believe it. 

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I wanted Boogie! I thought there was no way we would take him because of Rousseau but when we did, I cried tears of joy. Especially since we had a terrible pass rush last year. I thought Boogie had a late 1st round grade to maybe early 2nd round grade, he was excellent value at 61, I couldn’t believe it. 

I was definitely thrown off by the pick as it happened.

Then I realized Jerry and Mario are in their twilight years. 

The idea that we may have two elite pass rushers on rookie contracts, who are much bigger and stronger against the run than our current staters makes so much sense. 

Just now, Motorin' said:

I was definitely thrown off by the pick as it happened.

Then I realized Jerry and Mario are in their twilight years. 

The idea that we may have two elite pass rushers on rookie contracts, who are much bigger and stronger against the run than our current staters makes so much sense. 

It sure does my friend. I think of when the Colts had Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney during Peyton’s golden years. Put up 30pts and watch Freeney and Mathis get to work on the opposing teams QB. I think our team is being built in that model. Obviously our offense can put up points, but now we have a violent pass rush that goes along with it. What will Wilson, Tua and Mac Jones do when Josh drops 30 on them and they need to get their team out of that hole? Even for a veteran, high end QB that’s a heck of a challenge. Got 2-3 seconds to dump the ball off and many of your options will be covered like a blanket at that point.

• Like (+1) 1

Same as with the first round of 2021 draft, I think it is interesting to go back and revisit our second round choice.

Many of you can see their votes made shortly after the actual pick. 

Did past year change your mind?

I voted Humphrey a year ago and it is hard to see him flourish in Kansas. I have always though that bolstering OLine should be a top priority and he seemed like an obvious option to me at 61. Apparently Basham was way higher on Bills board. I wasn't hating the pick and I am still hopefull that he will be solid player for us for years to come. 

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Same as with the first round of 2021 draft, I think it is interesting to go back and revisit our second round choice.

Many of you can see their votes made shortly after the actual pick. 

Did past year change your mind?

I voted Humphrey a year ago and it is hard to see him flourish in Kansas. I have always though that bolstering OLine should be a top priority and he seemed like an obvious option to me at 61. Apparently Basham was way higher on Bills board. I wasn't hating the pick and I am still hopefull that he will be solid player for us for years to come. 

The real question though is if we had drafted Humphrey and he sat on our bench as a back-up center behind Morse the entire season and played less than a handful of snaps - How would you feel about the choice?

He went to KC and was able to play right away - the interesting part to me was how much praise was heaped on him and his fellow rookie linemen, but teams were getting pressure on Mahomes all season.  

They switched to a shorter passing game to attack underneath and even in the playoffs - the Bills pressured Mahomes and forced him out of the pocket - they just couldn’t get the sack - he escaped and ran for big plays.  I think that entire line was overhyped big time because of the QB and coach.

You can never assume the success one player has or does not have would follow if he was on a different team and situation.  I think this board would be complaining about the lack of production if Humphrey had been the pick.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

The real question though is if we had drafted Humphrey and he sat on our bench as a back-up center behind Morse the entire season and played less than a handful of snaps - How would you feel about the choice?

He went to KC and was able to play right away - the interesting part to me was how much praise was heaped on him and his fellow rookie linemen, but teams were getting pressure on Mahomes all season.  

They switched to a shorter passing game to attack underneath and even in the playoffs - the Bills pressured Mahomes and forced him out of the pocket - they just couldn’t get the sack - he escaped and ran for big plays.  I think that entire line was overhyped big time because of the QB and coach.

You can never assume the success one player has or does not have would follow if he was on a different team and situation.  I think this board would be complaining about the lack of production if Humphrey had been the pick.

I don't disagree with any of this. Just saying that Humphrey seems to be producing on high level. It could've been a different story in Buffalo. I have no idea if he can play guard, but if he does, he would most likely end up in the lineup at least at the end of the season.

On 5/1/2021 at 11:41 AM, Victory Formation said:

I'm still burnt up about passing on Creed Humphrey there.

Nothing personal against Boggie. I think Basham will round out to be a good DE. In limited play time he flashed a lot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.