RD 2, Pick 29 (61): Boogie Basham, DE (Wake Forest)

Draft pick approval  

525 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of this pick?

1 hour ago, H2o said:

👆 What I said on 4/30/21.

I put a Justin Timberlake meme up right after, but I would hardly call myself a real "critic" of the Rousseau pick. I never bashed the guy. 

Yeah almost everyone who was initially disappointed backed off.......perhaps as people realized that the pick was roundly well received and explanations of why he was taken and the perspective for why he opted out or might not have looked like a conventional pass rusher were made.    A lot of people had Rousseau written off because of his disappointing workout numbers and taking the season off.    Like I said though,  no "ardent" hate really from regular posters............but it is concerning that people still want to take players at positions of lesser import when there is talent at big $ positions and a crying need to boot.   I'm not leaving a potentially elite pass rusher on the board for a 216# LB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He had 5 tackles, a sack, and a blocked FG.

How much bigger of a splash does he need?

I think the Boogie hate really needs to calm down a bit.....he is flashing like a young potential rookie DE prospect should......it is not his fault that Groot looks like a plug and play player in the NFL.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Tell me about it. I had everything crossed. Didn't the Panthers take him like 2 spots in front of us?

Yeah, and at pick #30 my preferences were:

1. Rousseau

2. Marshall

3. Eichenberg

I would have been in disbelief if they got both Rousseau and Marshall.    Thisclose.

People are a bit over-geeked about this WR corps...........they are very good but a lot of it is the well established system and the QB...........if you work under the assumption that you don't want to waste Diggs running 9 routes all game then there is a lack of a guy who can physically stretch teams deep.     They might be able to get away with just scheming and route-running enough to threaten teams with the deep ball like they did with Davis last year..........but don't really have a guy opposite Diggs who you gotta' keep a safety deep or wide to one side for.

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah, and at pick #30 my preferences were:

1. Rousseau

2. Marshall

3. Eichenberg

I would have been in disbelief if they got both Rousseau and Marshall.    Thisclose.

People are a bit over-geeked about this WR corps...........they are very good but a lot of it is the well established system and the QB...........if you work under the assumption that you don't want to waste Diggs running 9 routes all game then there is a lack of a guy who can physically stretch teams deep.     They might be able to get away with just scheming and route-running enough to threaten teams with the deep ball like they did with Davis last year..........but don't really have a guy opposite Diggs who you gotta' keep a safety deep or wide to one side for.

I absolutely loved Marshall. Had him in my top 4 WR's in a really deep class. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He had 5 tackles, a sack, and a blocked FG.

How much bigger of a splash does he need?

2 of those tackles were TFLs also...

Some posters expect these guys to be the next coming of Bruce Smith in his prime after 2 preseason games apparently...

• Like (+1) 1