RD 2, Pick 29 (61): Boogie Basham, DE (Wake Forest)

Draft pick approval  

525 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of this pick?

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm sure he noticed.  He also noticed our tight cap and the big dollars "similar" players were getting in FA.

My eyes are opened now.  Where has that salary been going the past 3 years?

We know about the cap but this draft had a few athletic cost controlled linebackers 2 power rush dl. 1 or the other especially with the way this draft fell. I understand-ish Rousseau but to double down to me is a luxury. No cb2 no cover backs. I dont see the vision. The d line is the most Cash saturated unit in this team and without Jerry or a Jerry type player i dont know how this is an upgrade. Is Epenesa going to play edge setter and these other guys get after it? Are we going to get a successor to star. I have only liked Spencer Brown right now 

• Agree 1

DL got exposed in late Feb. 

We couldn't lay a finger on Patty, with a 2 score league to start out. We're on the cusp of winning a Lombatdi. 

McDermott said multiple times post game in Arrowhead that we were physically outmatched in the trenches.

He specifically said we need to get bigger there. Started with Eke in FA , get Star back at 1T and continued drafting physical specimens.

I love it. We just added two physical, freaky athletes. They should both slowly get into that DL rotation as we teach them better technique but you can't teach size and strength 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, Dickie said:

He didn’t say this at all.

"A lot of his sacks came from the interior"

"We see him as an edge but in passing situations you'll see him rush from the inside"

-Brandon Beane 4/29/21

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

So far 2 games deep in his "all the snaps" videos and not really seeing much impact plays.  Hopefully I can find some games where he looks like he can contribute.

Please let us know.  

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, below said:

"A lot of his sacks came from the interior"

"We see him as an edge but in passing situations you'll see him rush from the inside"

-Brandon Beane 4/29/21

Yeah, but those are only direct quotes.  What did he mean?

• Haha (+1) 4

On 4/30/2021 at 9:31 PM, Big C said:

Uh, count me in the love it camp. The game is won in the trenches. We have athletes at LB and a solid secondary. If these picks hit we are gonna be the baddest team in the league. 

This^^^^^^

We have our franchise QB, we have our skill players. Now we need to shore up the trenches.

18 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

We know about the cap but this draft had a few athletic cost controlled linebackers 2 power rush dl. 1 or the other especially with the way this draft fell. I understand-ish Rousseau but to double down to me is a luxury. No cb2 no cover backs. I dont see the vision. The d line is the most Cash saturated unit in this team and without Jerry or a Jerry type player i dont know how this is an upgrade. Is Epenesa going to play edge setter and these other guys get after it? Are we going to get a successor to star. I have only liked Spencer Brown right now 

Time to change your avatar to #15. Groot will be a beast under #goatsmith tutelage. Seems like a hard worker who’s ready to be taught by the greatest. Groot and Basham anchoring that defensive line is gonna be frightening to opposing QBs. How do you manufacture 15.5 sacks in a season as a part time starter? 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, buffalojedwardo said:

dudes going to learn so much from jerry. similarities in style of play.

That would be even more wise by McBeane to bring in The Apprentice to Hughes #55 .

Who mentors Rousseau ?  :)

7 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I do  love thread theme song to play in the background as I read through. Well done :)

Kid is going to become a beast if Bruce has anything to say about it

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I’m telling you between Boogie’s chop move and Rousseau’s arms and pocket feel, they could force 5-10 more fumbles this season which could win 1-3 more games.

We only lost three last year in the regular season so winning three more would make us perfect there lol