RD 2, Pick 29 (61): Boogie Basham, DE (Wake Forest)

Draft pick approval  

525 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of this pick?

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Does this mean that other picks in this draft the player wasn't the best guy on their board? Because why mention it?

Weird how taking the same position twice elicits the comment

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Diggs is 6 ft

Davis is 6'2

Sanders is 5'11

Hodgins is 6'3

Is your goal to emulate the 92 Bills? That team ran into a HUGE Redskins team that got hot with Mark Rypien. We were extremely undersized on both sides of the ball. Physically dominated.

I don’t want to be Indy before they finally had JUST enough, with Dungy, to overcome a tired Patriots team that got lucky and faced another undersized Bears team in the SB.

That's not the team I want.

I want a team that passes whenever it wants to, but can also line up and run it down your throat, like Patriots teams have in the past.

Trying to emulate the Chiefs won’t get it done 2 years from now. SIZE is key.

Edited by The Governor

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Hughes is replaceable. And with a Josh Extension writing on wall. If you can get assets this double dip allows that. 

We're doing anything with Jerry. Are you out of your mind?

I haven't read all the posts, but the thing that seems obvious to me is that the Bills realize they currently have way too much money invested in the D-line and that has to change. The huge salary that Josh Allen will demand, and rightfully so, means 4 young relatively inexpensive D-lineman will help them stay under the cap.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Is your goal to emulate the 92 Bills? That team ran into a HUGE Redskins team that got hot with Mark Rypien. We were extremely undersized on both sides of the ball. Physically dominated.

I don’t want to be Indy before they finally had JUST enough, with Dungy, to overcome a tired Patriots team that got lucky and faced another undersized Bears team in the SB.

That's not the team I want.

I want a team that passes whenever it wants to, but can also line up and run it down your throat, like Patriots teams have in the past.

Trying to emulate the Chiefs won’t get it done 2 years from now. SIZE is key.

You're kinda all over the place.

You said we need size and the Bills did exactly that. 

Then you say we have 6 midgets?  The WR I listed aren't midgets.  Where you referring to another position?

So basically, I'm trying to figure out why you keep bringing up size when we literally just drafted for size.  All 3 of our draft picks are all big guys....what's the deal?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You're kinda all over the place.

You said we need size and the Bills did exactly that. 

Then you say we have 6 midgets?  The WR I listed aren't midgets.  Where you referring to another position?

So basically, I'm trying to figure out why you keep bringing up size when we literally just drafted for size.  All 3 of our draft picks are all big guys....what's the deal?

Yes. I’m happy with the draft. Defense is getting larger. I’m not picking on any picks. I like what’s happening. 

Now we need to get a bit larger on offense. 

I think this draft gas is heading in the right direction.

2 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Yes. I’m happy with the draft. Defense is getting larger. I’m not picking on any picks. I like what’s happening. 

Now we need to get a bit larger on offense. 

I think this draft gas is heading in the right direction.

Our offensive line is set except LG.  Its Ford/Lamp or draft pick.  Ford and Lamp I believe are both big.

To me this would make all the sense in the world if we weren't desperate for CBs at this point.  Now I'm genuinely worried about our CB situation beyond White... and next year it'll only be him and Jackson under contract.

That said, I think the Super Bowl proved pretty well that if you can get a lot of pressure on Mahomes, he's human... pretty much just like absolutely any other QB in history.

I don't know much about college football, but this guy was evidently Dane Brugler's 44th ranked prospect so we got good value there if that's true.  Does anyone have a clue whether we still save money on the Cap if we cut Addison before the season?  Regardless... Beane is looking towards the future.  Even if Hughes and Addison remain... they're old and at least Addison will almost certainly be gone next year... but likely both.  Reading the tea leaves I would say Beane understands he's about to pay Josh Allen big money and he wants our edge rushers to be set.  In order to ensure that, he's making sure they're part of a rotation this year so they can learn from the savvy vets and then will be our starters next year.

But... what about CB?

2 hours ago, The Governor said:

But what if it isn’t KC?

But what if it isn’t KC?

Then awesome lol is a pass rush going to hurt us against anyone lol??????? pass rush makes corners better, you can play tighter and more aggressive if the idea of coverage for 6 seconds isnt in the front of your brain every play