RD 2, Pick 29 (61): Boogie Basham, DE (Wake Forest)

Draft pick approval  

525 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of this pick?

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

Beane: "I'm telling you, we draft Best Player Available, we draft with the future in mind, and we don't draft for need"

Fans: "Yeah, Beane, we know. It's all good. We trust you!"

Beane: "We're taking edge rushers back to back in rounds 1 and 2"

Fans: "WHAT? WHY?! This is ridiculous! It doesn't make any sense! We had bigger immediate needs! Rabble Rabble"

Do you think they were both bpa when taken?

Just now, Turk71 said:

Basham sure seems like it. Lots of boards have him between 30th and 36th overall.

I'm not so sure they came into today saying "we're gonna take another edge". But then they saw Basham sticking out like a sore thumb, and that was that.

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I just think they need more speed on the outside in a big, big way. And another CB who projects better than Levi. As I said elsewhere, they have have 5 first-round d-line picks (and now 2 second rounders). It’s a bit much in a league where cbs are the most important players in terms of the metrics.

As someone else said, don't sleep on Dane! Plus there are still other options. Now Boogie.

29 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

In not understanding wasting all of these early picks (the last few years) on the DLine. All I know is eventually some of them better be good. It wouldn’t aggravate me as much if any of these guys were actually good. Eponessa, Oliver, Harry....these guys have been underwhelming at best. The new nfl is getting the ball out quick. It’s almost impossible to get homes I’d suggest a DE has never been more worthless....I really hope at least one of these guys ends up being good.

Good god, did you even watch the superbowl??

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

im not saying ignore the run completely but we are building a team to score and create turnovers - not to ground and pound on either side. 

you can’t be elite at everything and where we want to stake our identity is both obvious and common sense given the state of the league. 

A lot of holes to fill still.

Not a bad pick, but too many folks focus on Tampa's ends and forget the pressure Suh and Vea brought up the middle. 

Not to mention how Tampa could rush 4 and still crush running plays.

If our post-season (yep we will be there again) runs into a Titan team with Henry pounding the rock, we will be thankful we have some run-stopping sloberknockers on the line.

Just saying.

Edited by WideNine

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

McDermott has consistently gone light on CBs and seems confident in his ability to coach them up. It's frustrating, but it seems to be a reality of this regime.

Yeah, and for that exact reason, we'd all be extra-excited to see him draft and coach up a higher-ranked player with good traits since it's clearly worked out with Tre

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Process said:

I mean at this point should we just say F it and go DT in the third? Cut Butler and Addison to create some cap space. 

Fills the needs at CB and TE with Sherman and Ertz? 

Don't hate it.

I like it 

30 minutes ago, The Governor said:

I’m not complaining. I’m just a little freaked out that everyone is fixated on the Chiefs when it could very well be the Titans, who could totally rag-doll us physically.

Well...stopping Henry and tannehill from running wild might helped by these picks. We aren't beating TN with CBs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

on our board, yes. Maybe not other teams. I'm assuming the criteria to determine BPA takes needs into account.  A combination of talent and need probably makes them BPA.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Did he seriously?

I don't think he said it definitively like it would always happen.

I believe the exact quote was "he'll start at end, but you'll see him reduce down to the interior on 3rd down".

It IS where he got his most sack production at Miami.  🤷‍♂️

I don't care where guys line up on the DL, so long as they get to the QB. Sack is a sack.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, BillsFan3434 said:

Trade jerry for an asset while he's still worth something

Your kidding. Right. He was our best pass rusher as well as being one of the leaders on defense. He is also in the last year of his contract so he will be here and lead our D to good things, but probably will be gone in 2022. 

• Like (+1) 2