RD 2, Pick 29 (61): Boogie Basham, DE (Wake Forest)

Draft pick approval  

525 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of this pick?

3 minutes ago, The Governor said:

I’m not complaining. I’m just a little freaked out that everyone is fixated on the Chiefs when it could very well be the Titans, who could totally rag-doll us physically.

I see you governor... Titans are just bigger and stronger at every position... even head coach.  If they fix their secondary it’s not a good match up 

22 minutes ago, Iamkrgr said:

I wonder if they are souring on Oliver and/or Epenesa. Still early for both. Interesting pick taking another dline man.

I wanted Creed Humphrey there.

I know. So did I. But this guy looks good and the Bills need a better pass rush. Sucks that KC got him. Watched All the Oklahoma games and creed is a gamer. Solid 

• Agree 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

Okay so here’s our DL as of now: 

we got Efa and we got Epy, we got Eddy and we got Rous. We got a star, and we got some boogie. There’s a Harry and Jerry and don’t forget Mario!

There’s a lot to work with there, but I don’t have the mental energy to get this more organized. Some great nicknames though. 

Go with a Dr Seuss line and get the Zim zam Bam. 

9 hours ago, NoSaint said:

That last bit is terribly overstated by you 

I’m not making a commentary on the 2 guys we picked this year. I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt. I heard a lot of people mentioning basham in round 1 so I have to believe it’s a good thing we got him in the 2nd. I know very little about these guys....it’s more about the recent history. The last few years we have missed badly on the DLine. I also feel like the qbs get the ball out to fast. There’s no reason to waste premium assets on pass rushers. Even the best pass rushers barely get there. Might as well sure up the coverage or interior run defense.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, DE Bills Fan said:

No way!  He’s our best pass rusher. What team have you been watching? But he is at the end of his career do hood move to draft his replacement after this year or next 

Hughes is replaceable. And with a Josh Extension writing on wall. If you can get assets this double dip allows that. 

Edited by MAJBobby

20 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I have issues with the pick ... but Basham was arguably the best player on the board regardless of position. He was my guess for who the bills would pick  at 30.

If this is true, you can't have issues with the pick for value reasons alone. Big Baller Beane saw an issue and is making damn sure he fixes it. Love it. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think they keep both Hughes and Addison to mentor. 

or because they are still the best players at their position. Not going to pay $10 million to mentor.

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m not making a commentary on the 2 guys we picked this year. I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt. I heard a lot of people mentioning basham in round 1 so I have to believe it’s a good thing we got him in the 2nd. I know very little about these guys....it’s more about the recent history. The last few years we have missed badly on the DLine. I also feel like the qbs get the ball out to fast. There’s no reason to waste premium assets on pass rushers. Even the best pass rushers barely get there. Might as well sure you the coverage or interior run defense.

If you think of Ed Oliver as a miss you are just being silly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think they keep both Hughes and Addison to mentor. 

Can't see that happening to be honest...

The numbers don't work. And Bam is one of their core ST's players...

Here’s my way of accepting this: 

Would I trade a late first and two low seconds for an elite pass rusher? In a heart beat. We have 3 chances for one of these guys to become that, and maybe all three become something....

^ that logic helps a whole lot. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I see you governor... Titans are just bigger and stronger at every position... even head coach.  If they fix their secondary it’s not a good match up 

I mean, you saw how they man-handled us last year. 

I feel we’re a bit undersized.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

I didn’t look into him too much. What do you like about him?

I wanted Rousseau for months then everyone said he was gonna fall suddenly. 

And I wanted Boogie way back in Dec. This is a brilliant strategy by McD to bring in 3 young pass rushers.

• Like (+1) 1