RD 2, Pick 29 (61): Boogie Basham, DE (Wake Forest)

Draft pick approval  

525 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of this pick?

14 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Beane really is great at what he does. Pass Rushers are always going to be a premium position in FA, and with the contract Josh has coming to him very soon, this is the best way to address it for the immediate future.  Also, they are signing and drafting guys with versatility to play any position along D-Line. AJ, Rousseau, Basham, Obada, and Oliver... 

Why would they draft offense? They went 13-3, punted the least of any team in the league, where as on the other side of the ball the one problem area was consistently generating pressure on the opposing QB.  

If Beane can put together a top 10 pass rush through the draft while paying Josh, Diggs and other crucial extensions as he managed this offseason, it's just a matter of when, not if they win a Superbowl.

Let's get a CB2 also, to help with coverage sacks.

• Agree 1

In not understanding wasting all of these early picks (the last few years) on the DLine. All I know is eventually some of them better be good. It wouldn’t aggravate me as much if any of these guys were actually good. Eponessa, Oliver, Harry....these guys have been underwhelming at best. The new nfl is getting the ball out quick. It’s almost impossible to get homes I’d suggest a DE has never been more worthless....I really hope at least one of these guys ends up being good.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, jkeerie said:

This same group will be harassing Tua, Wilson and Jones in the division!  

I’m not complaining. I’m just a little freaked out that everyone is fixated on the Chiefs when it could very well be the Titans, who could totally rag-doll us physically.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, The Governor said:

I guess they think they’re a few pass rushers away….hard to argue. Maybe a Ertz signing and a late RB….and let’s roll!!!

Maybe a Late slot-wr

WHAT! We’re signing Ertz? It’s done? Boom!

24 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This makes absolutely no sense.  Even once Addison and Hughes are gone, you still have 3 DE's in two years.  I mean, what's the plan here?

I'm sorry, but I don't like this at all

I don't think you got the memo. Beane is perfect and not to be questioned on TBD.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

The Bills didn't want to go into next year STILL needing more edge rush help.

They wanted to be ready to roll on opening day 2022 with a quartet of young, ready pass rushers. They recognize that you have to harass Mahomes or you're never beating him. 

These youngsters get the tutelage under Hughes for a year and rotate in and learn on the job. 

And as others have said: You want to improve cornerback performance? HARASS THE QUARTERBACK!!!

Also, the draft isn't over, and there are some veteran corners still on the market. 

Melifonwu might drop to within reach of our 3rd pick. Also, BSJ, and Paul’s Son

Also, % chance Richard Sherman is a Bill by Sunday?

im coming around on the pick. I have long been an advocate for teams not f-ing around about fixing issue positions. It’s a harder pill to swallow when it’s your team. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Possibly. Bills have some edge players that can rush from 3 tech. But maybe they keep 1 less somewhere else. 

Addison could be cut post June 1st. 

would've been nice to see more pressure last year  

20 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Major influx of Youth and talent at DE with the early double dip. This put Addison Gone. And maybe even a Harrison Phillips on notice with Rousseau moving inside on passing downs. 

this will allow a youth movement in a position group that needed it. I also think the double dip (after signing in the position in UFA) puts Hughes on the Block. 

No way!  He’s our best pass rusher. What team have you been watching? But he is at the end of his career do hood move to draft his replacement after this year or next 

• Disagree 1