RD 2, Pick 29 (61): Boogie Basham, DE (Wake Forest)

Draft pick approval  

525 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of this pick?

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Where are all those posters that said Beane drafts BPA?  Another pass rusher!  I would have taken the center from OK because I don't think much of Morse.  But I've been beating the drum of needing to address the pass rush for three years so I can live with this move.

Biggest issue is he struggles with a shot gun snap - not sure you want that in a center for the Bills.  They run shotgun so much.

I like the Basham pick. I think he could be a great DE.

No, I do not like the draft strategy. Again, Rousseau was the wrong pick when CB or another position could have been addressed.

They picked two DE's for two reasons:

First, they don't draft DL well. Second, more importantly, they are going to cut a few DE's on our current roster to save or create cap space.

When Allen gets paid and if Edmunds gets extended, got to go cheap other places. Our DL costs too much versus production.

This is why I would have preferred JOK, LB from Notre Dame in Round 1 to replace Edmunds in 1-2 years because of cost.

Basham and Rousseau will replace Butler and maybe Addison. Ultimately, this is meant to replace Hughes next year.

DL will have Hughes (last year with team), the new guy we got in FA, Epenesa, Rousseau, and Basham going forward.

Hope youth movement will get coached up to cheap but more effective run and pass defense on DL.

Edited by Wizard
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Where are all those posters that said Beane drafts BPA?  Another pass rusher!  I would have taken the center from OK because I don't think much of Morse.  But I've been beating the drum of needing to address the pass rush for three years so I can live with this move.

Yep, BPA is a great fable that gets retold every year. I like taking two bites of the apple here. Ups our chances to hit on one and if really lucky, both. 

• Like (+1) 1

Throwing enough stuff against a wall and seeing what sticks on edge is not the worst idea.  Its gonna be a big need soon and we have to get to the opposing qb.  Use draft capital rather than spend big in free agency is not the worst plan I ever heard.  Hope they evaluated it right bc if they did we will have a monster pass rush.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I like the pick but Beane needs to draft a RB. We need a RB to help take some pressure off of Allen’s shoulders.

What RB do you want to draft who’s better than the backs we already have?

• Like (+1) 1

I was as shocked as anyone else by this pick...

But I've been telling everyone that will listen to me these past few months that TB cracked the code...And it's pretty clear to me that McBeane watched the SB and thought the same thing...

The Bills intend on beating KC with their front 7...I think that's pretty obvious at this point...😎

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I like him as a player but how much does he improve this team... that just means we are gonna have to cut some pretty good ends later. Between  Epenesa, Addison, Hughes, Basham, Rousseau and Obada the room looks really crowded. And then add to it that the staff likes Johnson.