RD 2, Pick 29 (61): Boogie Basham, DE (Wake Forest)

Draft pick approval  

525 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of this pick?

Major influx of Youth and talent at DE with the early double dip. This put Addison Gone. And maybe even a Harrison Phillips on notice with Rousseau moving inside on passing downs. 

this will allow a youth movement in a position group that needed it. I also think the double dip (after signing in the position in UFA) puts Hughes on the Block. 

• Like (+1) 4

I think pick shows that lack of pressure by D line was the source of issues on defense. They are loading up and focus is trying to slow down Mahomes and beat KC. Although I may have waited till later rounds before drafting another one he was best player on their board.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, DCofNC said:

Maybe more of a Zo roll?

That’s what I’m thinking... this spells problems for Klein more than anyone on the dline 

Just now, DCofNC said:

Maybe more of a Zo roll?

That’s what I’m thinking... this spells problems for Klein more than anyone on the dline 

3 minutes ago, Melon said:

They said on ABC he’s more of a 3-4 edge guy.

Does he compete for Klein’s spot?

That would remind me of Lawson...we could definitely use a guy like that...edge setter against the run and able to get the odd sack here and there

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I'm worried this means we won't get an embarrassingly enormous DT now...

Nah, keep the run goin, snag Alim McNeil dt NCSTATE too!!!! Our secondary is awesome, LBs do their jobs, 2 nasty pass rushers, add a DT that can eat people up like KC does with Chris Jones!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Starr Almighty said:

The plan is to sack the QB which the Bills couldn't do with the old men they had on the DL. They are getting younger and building depth. Hopefully they pan out as good players

Younger, bigger, stronger, faster 

Just now, billieve420 said:

I think pick shows that lack of pressure by D line was the source of issues on defense. They are loading up and focus is trying to slow down Mahomes and beat KC. Although I may have waited till later rounds before drafting another one he was best player on their board.

KC's offseason moves were geared toward the biggest weakness they had against the Bucs.

Our draft has been geared toward the biggest weakness we had against KC.

If we could have pressured Mahomes, we could have been in the SB.

• Like (+1) 4

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Discuss

From NFL.com:

Pick Analysis

Round 2 • Pick 29 (61)

The twitchy pass rusher from Wake Forest is a disruptive player at the line of scrimmage with violent hands and a diverse collection of moves. Basham is a high-motor defender with the potential to deliver an immediate impact as a starter in Sean McDermott's defense.

A few draftniks had him at 30 early on!