2021 NFL Draft Round 2 talk - Official thread

The draft Kind of lacks excitement being at 30, the price of success I guess. lol 

But man we have pumped a lot picks into the dline this regime..I get it, we need it now and in the future. I hope these two guys come in and bring some nastiness.

I wonder if w even considered Elijah Moore? Would have been fun to see what Dabol could do with him. As much as Love our current core Beasley Emmanuel are getting up in age. As much as we throw they were really beat up by playoffs.

it sucks seeing these guys go to other teams in our division as well. 

Can we trade a sixth for Ertz now?

1 minute ago, Weatherman said:

Feisty eh? It’s not my fault your SN is no longer valid.  

My SN name has nothing to do with the hat company.  It goes back before NE on the stadium 

3 hours ago, stevewin said:

Years ago I was on a flight with Macho Man 

That is all

He was my childhood hero. I had the purple tshirt with the sunglasses on it shortly after he hit Steamboat with that bell and crushed his larynx. Ha!

Anyway, no one warned me that he shopped there and I was helping George around the store. I turned around and there he was. I was speechless. He didn’t much care. She was a party chick.

After that, she used to invite us to the ViP room at Empire in Ybor city. She did her thing and he just kinda hung out and babysat. 

A year or so later he started coming in with an older brunette biker chick. I don’t know who she was. He died shortly after.

• Like (+1) 1

My favorite and least favorite drafts so far, in order:

Favorites:

1. Carolina - I like all of the players they picked and they did a nice job addressing their needs on top of getting good prospects IMO.
  2. Chicago - Fields was my #2 QB and they topped it off a 1st round caliber offensive lineman.
  3. Cinci - As expected, they took the WR on day 1 knowing they'd come back and get an offensive lineman on day 2. I like Ossai a lot as well.
  4. Washington - Basically the same gist as Carolina except I don't love the first two picks as much as I did for Carolina.
  5. Detroit - Got one of the best prospects in the draft at #7 and I think Iffy was great value at the end of round 3.

Least Favorite:

1. Tampa - Took my lowest rated QB of the past 4 years in the 2nd round.
  2. Dallas - I disagree with all of their picks.
  3. LA Rams - Waiting until day 2 to make their first choice and taking a blah WR prospect is not ideal.
  4. Pittsburgh - Just totally disagree with their strategy of taking the RB when you desperately need OLine. Waited too long for OLine IMO.
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Favorites:

1. Carolina - I like all of the players they picked and they did a nice job addressing their needs on top of getting good prospects IMO.
  2. Chicago - Fields was my #2 QB and they topped it off a 1st round caliber offensive lineman.
  3. Cinci - As expected, they took the WR on day 1 knowing they'd come back and get an offensive lineman on day 2. I like Ossai a lot as well.
  4. Washington - Basically the same gist as Carolina except I don't love the first two picks as much as I did for Carolina.
  5. Detroit - Got one of the best prospects in the draft at #7 and I think Iffy was great value at the end of round 3.

Least Favorite:

3. LA Rams - Waiting until day 2 to make their first choice and taking a blah WR prospect is not ideal.
  4. Pittsburgh - Just totally disagree with their strategy of taking the RB when you desperately need OLine. Waited too long for OLine IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Not so concerned about WR, more a RB. It's not so much missing Diggs but having a variation - our run game was very poor last year. Maybe we'll look to bring someone in in a trade with a bit more experience. I know it is early in terms of completing the roster.

I like Breida a lot.  He's got the speed the offense lacks, has averaged at least 4.3 YPC in his career and is an excellent pass catcher.   Then there are Motor and Moss on who they spent 3rd rounders. There was no need to waste a pick on a RB this year.

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills WR group isn’t nearly as good as the board thinks....seems every team has at least 1 really good receiver and a couple other real solid options. 

They are one Diggs injury away from being a pretty meh unit altogether..... need more there, IMO. 

You can say the same about every team in the league if you take their best WR away.  A rookie WR isn't replacing Diggs.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Favorites:

1. Carolina - I like all of the players they picked and they did a nice job addressing their needs on top of getting good prospects IMO

Least Favorite:

Interesting. 

Carolina - yep, agree they have had a decent draft. Haven't really watched Christensen and I do think left tackle is a problem position for them but do like the other 3 picks. 

Chicago - I agree on Fields. Never felt Jenkins was round 1 calibre but early day 2 and they have a need there it made some sense.

Cinci - disagree most vehemently. I think they have butchered the first two rounds of this draft. They will regret passing on Penei Sewell for a long time and when they eventually did take a lineman it was a huge reach. Ossai was a great pick though.

Washington - yea agree, one of my favourite drafts so far. 

Detroit - Sewell at 7 was like a gift from above.... not an Iffy fan at all but the other three picks made sense to me and even though they had a need at receiver I kinda have respect for a new regime saying we are gonna fixt the trenches this year. Skill positions can wait until next year. 

Tampa - agree - all 3 picks are reaches to me (though I see the scheme fit for Tyron it was still way too early IMO)

Dallas - I like the Joseph pick. Parsons I suppose could have been considered BPA but didn't quite see the logic there. Didn't like either round 3 pick.

Rams - agree entirely

Pitt - agree entirely. RB and TE are all well and good but when your oline is forcing Ben to throw everything short and within 2 and a half seconds you are gonna have to play perfect football to drive the field.