2021 NFL Draft Round 2 talk - Official thread

3 minutes ago, LEBills said:

McKenzie and hodgins are not guarantees, Kumerow is unlikely. I don’t know who will be available but their are a lot of very good receiving prospects still available if we want to go that way

I like Josh Imortobebe (sp?) he had the best vertical jump ever (46.5”) and is 6’2”

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Was early for him. I really had nothing except St Juste (already gone) between kind of early third and mid 4th at corner. There are half a dozen guys I'd be interested in if any of them make it to our next pick, the risk is it hollows out again before then. 

Agree. I can make an argument for multiple receivers in the last 4 picks. It is the deepest position through day 3. 

I like late round WR that can have early value in special teams. That’s how the Chiefs developed Hill and now Harriman.

Id love Dazz Newsome and/or Ihmir Smith Marsette for that type of role. And I think Shi Smith has legitimate super star potential. I think at least one will be there when we pick in Rd5

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, LEBills said:

I like late round WR that can have early value in special teams. That’s how the Chiefs developed Hill and now Harriman.

Id love Dazz Newsome and/or Ihmir Smith Marsette for that type of role. And I think Shi Smith has legitimate super star potential. I think at least one will be there when we pick in Rd5

Shi and Smith-Marsette are my next two receivers. Smith is my 11th best player remaining overall. I have Newsome more as a late round 4 / early round 5 guy. 

38 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

3rd round pick that will be a healthy scratch all year.  If he were a center I would be ok with that.  Not a slow lumbering OT.  CB or DT would have been better

His elite athleticism was further confirmed and on full display at his Pro Day where he tied for the 10th highest Relative Athletic Score (RAS) ever recorded for an offensive lineman. He logged a 4.94 40-yard dash, a 1.69 10-yard split, a 32.5-inch vertical, a 117-inch broad jump, a 4.4 shuttle time, a 6.96 three-cone time, and 29 reps of 225 on the bench press, which is a rare number for someone with 34-inch arms.

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

That’s admirable but name a modern era Team other than the Pats that have had sustained success?  It’s not an easy thing to do, most teams are riding the peaks and troughs.  Chiefs, Rams, Saints, Hawks, Browns (trying), Bucs, Broncos.  

Cool.  All I did was state what is going on here.  That’s what McBeane is doing.  They aren’t going to mortgage the future for quick fixes.  They drafted 3 players that play premium positions and whom they hope are starters in the near future, for their future.  Good teams do these things sometimes 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, JBI$111 said:

His elite athleticism was further confirmed and on full display at his Pro Day where he tied for the 10th highest Relative Athletic Score (RAS) ever recorded for an offensive lineman. He logged a 4.94 40-yard dash, a 1.69 10-yard split, a 32.5-inch vertical, a 117-inch broad jump, a 4.4 shuttle time, a 6.96 three-cone time, and 29 reps of 225 on the bench press, which is a rare number for someone with 34-inch arms.

That's what he meant by 'slow, and lumbering', right?

Amazing to me how many people are perplexed by who we chose to draft.  We really don't know anything about what Beane and crew are thinking.

If you didn't think we needed dline, you weren't paying attention.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Cool.  All I did was state what is going on here.  That’s what McBeane is doing.  They aren’t going to mortgage the future for quick fixes.  They drafted 3 players that play premium positions and whom they hope are starters in the near future, for their future.  Good teams do these things sometimes 

Feisty eh? It’s not my fault your SN is no longer valid.