2021 NFL Draft Round 2 talk - Official thread

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

On paper it looks great but take Diggs out of the game and we look weak. Admittedly, Beasley was playing with an injury at the end of last year so hopefulluy he'll be returning fit and firing.

Our running game can easily be exposed, though - think I would have preferred taking Carter or Gainwell in the third though, as I said, as an individual player I do like the idea of Brown.

because there are so many teams that look great when you take away their best weapon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

Filling the Ty Nsekhe void.  Sounds wasteful to some, but you have to have those guys.  Bonus points for potential development into stud.

I mean we have Dawkins and Williams as tackles, why would anyone think we are drafting a tackle to start?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Drafts not over, WR is deep on our roster this year and deep in the draft this year. Wouldn’t be surprised to see two WR in our final 4 picks

doubtful, can only keep so many WRs. which player is a 5th rounder beating out? Maybe room for one to compete

Diggs

Beasley

Sanders

Davis

McKenzie

Hodgins

Kumerow

6 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

On paper it look great but take Diggs out of the game and we look weak. Admittedly, Beasley was playing with an injury at the end of last year so hopefulluy he'll be returning fit and firing.

Our running game can easily be exposed, though - think I would have preferred taking Carter or Gainwell in the third though, as I said, as an individual player I do like the idea of Brown.

I appreciate the attempt at being reasonable, but cmon, if any team loses their WR1 (or any of their key players) they take a steep loss.

A rookie, third down, pass catching back that has been passed over by 32 teams on multiple occasions thus far is not going to replace Stefon Diggs. Arguably not a single player in this draft could replace Stefon Diggs in their rookie year. 

Edited by Vertig0

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

because there are so many teams that look great when you take away their best weapon.

Just thought a Running Back would add some variation - I guess we were unfortunate in that Etienne was taken just before our first pick though I reckon we would have gone with Rousseau anyway.

Just now, Turbo44 said:

doubtful, can only keep so many WRs. which player is a 5th rounder beating out? Maybe room for one to compete

Diggs

Beasley

Sanders

Davis

McKenzie

Hodgins

Kumerow

McKenzie and hodgins are not guarantees, Kumerow is unlikely. I don’t know who will be available but their are a lot of very good receiving prospects still available if we want to go that way

• Agree 2

Just now, ExWNYer said:

Ambry Thomas was another CB on my radar. Gone.

Was early for him. I really had nothing except St Juste (already gone) between kind of early third and mid 4th at corner. There are half a dozen guys I'd be interested in if any of them make it to our next pick, the risk is it hollows out again before then. 

Just now, LEBills said:

McKenzie and hodgins are not guarantees, Kumerow is unlikely. I don’t know who will be available but their are a lot of very good receiving prospects still available if we want to go that way

Agree. I can make an argument for multiple receivers in the last 4 picks. It is the deepest position through day 3. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Vertig0 said:

I appreciate the attempt at being reasonable, but cmon, if any team loses their WR1 (or any of their key players) they take a steep loss.

A rookie, third down, pass catching back that has been passed over by 32 teams on multiple occasions thus far is not going to replace Stefon Diggs. Arguably not a single player in this draft could replace Stefon Diggs in his rookie year. 

Not so concerned about WR, more a RB. It's not so much missing Diggs but having a variation - our run game was very poor last year. Maybe we'll look to bring someone in in a trade with a bit more experience. I know it is early in terms of completing the roster.