2021 NFL Draft Round 2 talk - Official thread

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

As much as I like Basham and Brown inparticular as individual players (I have doubts about Rousseau) it feels like our front office has been taken over by Green Bay's - focus on defense and don't give the QB much in way of additional support.

And even Green Bay has managed to draft a WR this year.

Do we need a WR? I can argue a RB or TE but it wasn't their, we did what we needed to do.

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

As much as I like Basham and Brown inparticular as individual players (I have doubts about Rousseau) it feels like our front office has been taken over by Green Bay's - focus on defense and don't give the QB much in way of additional support.

Right, because getting the qb Diggs, Beasley, Sanders, Davis and Mckenzie is no support. 

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Didnt realize wgr was covering the draft, wish i had that on.

Sorry.  Should have spoke up.  Beane said Brown will be a swing tackle.  I am sure he is the RT of the future.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Weatherman said:

I’m a big fan of building the trenches but we haven’t drafted a starter yet IMHO.  That’s frustrating!! 

Seems they are drafting players with significant upside that may be contributors this year and take over as a starter next year.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

I’m a big fan of building the trenches but we haven’t drafted a starter yet IMHO.  That’s frustrating!! 

Our starters are already here. Everyone is pissed about other teams filling their squads as "starters" with unproven rookies for their holes. We will properly develop our guys and make them starters when it's warranted.  I get it, been a super long time since the early 90's, we are doing fine. 

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Drafts not over, WR is deep on our roster this year and deep in the draft this year. Wouldn’t be surprised to see two WR in our final 4 picks

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

Right, because getting the qb Diggs, Beasley, Sanders, Davis and Mckenzie is no support. 

And Knox in his third year. And Breida. And whatever else we can add via trade and further free agency signings. 

But didn't you hear? That 3rd round WR that we didn't draft is a guaranteed future Hall of Famer!! 🙄

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Real McNasty said:

Our starters are already here. Everyone is pissed about other teams filling their squads as "starters" with unproven rookies. We will properly develope or huys and make them starters when it's warranted.  I get it, been a super long time since the early 90's, we are doing fine. 

People forget having a team stacked with talent you draft quality back ups who will start in the future.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Filling the Ty Nsekhe void.  Sounds wasteful to some, but you have to have those guys.  Bonus points for potential development into stud.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Real McNasty said:

Do we need a WR? I can argue a RB or TE but it wasn't their, we did what we needed to do.

Agreed, plus they still have Hodgins who is a is an unknow to us at this point and they did pick up Breida who does bring more speed to the team.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

On paper it looks great but take Diggs out of the game and we look weak. Admittedly, Beasley was playing with an injury at the end of last year so hopefulluy he'll be returning fit and firing.

Our running game can easily be exposed, though - think I would have preferred taking Carter or Gainwell in the third though, as I said, as an individual player I do like the idea of Brown.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Like (+1) 1