2021 NFL Draft Round 2 talk - Official thread

So literally nothing we have done in this draft or off season tells me we are looking to overtake the Chiefs this year.  We have improved experience wise but not through any addition.  Our draft picks will likely have no impact on this season as they look to be future contributors.

Are we waiting for the cap to hamstring the Chiefs and then make our push?  Chiefs and Bucs are going to be in cap hell for the foreseeable future while we will see some relief in 2 years when our awful 2019, 2020 FA contracts all come off the books.  

Edited by Weatherman

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Is Jacoby Jones drunk??

I dunno but it sounded like he just rolled out of the Player Haters Ball.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Dang, i wanted Ben Cleveland, we need to upgrade the guards

Ford just became a full time guard. Just now.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

3rd round pick that will be a healthy scratch all year.  If he were a center I would be ok with that.  Not a slow lumbering OT.  CB or DT would have been better

It would have been better for 2021.  The draft isn’t strictly for 2021

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

3rd round pick that will be a healthy scratch all year.  If he were a center I would be ok with that.  Not a slow lumbering OT.  CB or DT would have been better

Slow,  lumbering OT?  Dude was the highest ranked OT ever on the 'relative athletic score' metric of all OTs taken since 1987.     

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

I honestly don't know a lot about the three players drafted, but I love the overall concept of improving the lines on both sides of the ball.

I agree.

We are all worried about September.

Beane is looking at 2023 and beyond.

After UNI postponed their 2020 season to the spring, he opted to forgo his senior season and prepare for the 2021 NFL Draft. He is the tallest tackle in the class at 6-foot-8 and 3/8 and is arguably the most athletic prospect regardless of position in the entire draft.

His mobility and agility in space are remarkable. On the play below, he comes barreling down from his right tackle spot and cleans the clock of an unsuspecting defender on a screen to the opposite side of the field.

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Slow,  lumbering OT?  Dude was the highest ranked OT ever on the 'relative athletic score' metric of all OTs taken since 1987.     

he ran a 4.87.....

2 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

So literally nothing we have done I. This draft or off season tell me we are looking to overtake the Chiefs this year.  We have improved experience wise but not through any addition.  Our draft picks will likely have no impact on this season as they look to be future contributors.

Are we waiting for the cap to hamstring the Chiefs and then make our push?  Chiefs and Bucs are going to be in cap hell for the foreseeable future while we will see some relief in 2 years when our awful 2019, 2020 FA contracts all come off the books.  

We are building a team for sustained success.  It’s been stated numerous times

Just now, Turbo44 said:

After UNI postponed their 2020 season to the spring, he opted to forgo his senior season and prepare for the 2021 NFL Draft. He is the tallest tackle in the class at 6-foot-8 and 3/8 and is arguably the most athletic prospect regardless of position in the entire draft.

His mobility and agility in space are remarkable. On the play below, he comes barreling down from his right tackle spot and cleans the clock of an unsuspecting defender on a screen to the opposite side of the field.

He's the OT/TE hybrid everyone's been pining for 

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

This dude was a TE. He is not slow or lumbering. Out of 1143 offensive tackles from 1987-2020 he is ranked #1 in terms of speed and explosion with his RAS score.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1