2021 NFL Draft Round 2 talk - Official thread

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Its ok, gets overwhelmed by blitzes and not good run blocking

Dion Dawkins, Jon Feliciano, Daryl Richardson, Mitch Morse. Yeah, you're right, we need to overhaul the whole thing

4 minutes ago, Vertig0 said:

2020 NFL GM of the Year and widely regarded as one of the top front offices in all of sports. A team that some pundits have stated would be a shock to miss the playoffs in 2021 (in the AFC). 

...let's not trust the professionals though. 

"I read Walter Football's 2021 draft primer, listened to 3 NFL draft podcast episodes and watched 20 college games this year with my amateur eyes...and the Bills are horrible at drafting."

Ugh. Smh. Can't some of you just enjoy this without being so overly critical? The results of this draft won't be known for years. We picked 30th, not 3rd. Smile a little. 

My favorite comment of the draft so far. 

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I definitely do not agree with "flashed enough." 14 tackles on the year is not "flashing enough." Being unable to supplant the rest of our geriatric DE's not "flashing enough."

AJ's rookie year was a big ol disappointment. Beane knows this. He just drafted two DE's with his first two picks.

You must not have really paid attention when he was on the field, especially towards the end of the year. He gets in the backfield. You're delusional if you think he's going anywhere or "on the bubble" going into his 2nd season after being a 2nd Round pick the year before. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Because DE is such an unimportant position. For a guy slotted 34-50. I get it but in a QB driven league you either outscore ( Bills 30 pts game ) or you stop them. I’m good with it , but I get your pain.

I want another Kent Hull and Eric Wood. I'm sure I'll get over this, but it's hard for me to believe Humphrey wasn't BPA there. 

I was thinking that pass rushers are expensive and with Josh coming up at 40 mil maybe it is a good idea to grab a decent guy at this point.

I am confused but psyched for the 3rd round pick!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, I would’ve rather had creed there.  Wyatt Davis.  Meinerz.  Oh man....

Rousseau.  

Boogie

Jerry

Minusson

Epenesa

Obada

Bam

so strange .

Get after the passer and this is a play out of the eagles.playbook when they went and beat the Pats, with a rotation of defensive lineman.  We now need Oliver to bloom into our version of fletcher Cox.

Ask an NFL Gm which postiiton is most difficult to find the "guy", and 32 out of 32 will say QB.  2nd position, edge/dl who will disrupt the passer.  Not easy to find a premium guy, so why not double.dip especially especially when that is BPA

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, H2o said:

You must not have really paid attention when he was on the field, especially towards the end of the year. He gets in the backfield. You're delusional if you think he's going anywhere or "on the bubble" going into his 2nd season after being a 2nd Round pick the year before. 

Yes his job is so safe, Beane dedicated our first two picks on players who play his position. Clearly Beane LOVES AJ right now. Loves him so much he keeps drafting guys to play over him.

Just now, delirious said:

I want another Kent Hull and Eric Wood. I'm sure I'll get over this, but it's hard for me to believe Humphrey wasn't BPA there. 

If you could combine these two, you'd have a wooden hull...

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, they were opening up monster holes

In the run game all year

The run game needs a little work but I feel a top running back makes an oline better. We may need one player but the other guy said we need to load up. That's not the case. Pass blocking is fine

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

Epenesa flashed enough last year given his opportunities. They had him drop like 20lbs in the off-season as well. They just took him in the 2nd last year. He's not going anywhere. The others are on notice though. Addison, Obada, Johnson. 

It’s unthinkable to move on from a second rounder.  In some ways it’s a sign of a confident organization.  They should not focus much on how the players were acquired and just go with the best ones.  Not saying you are wrong.  I had the same thought on Epenesa though.  It’s hard to know what the team thinks.  We will find out.