2021 NFL Draft Round 2 talk - Official thread

23 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I've heard the 3rd by itself could maybe get them up to 48. The right player "could" be worth that. Ya never know/we shall see. 

If they are convinced that there is someone that is much better than anyone who will make it to 61, I would be on board.  Doing that, you would essentially be hanging the whole draft on the first two picks.  With many fewer declaring for the draft than normal this year, this draft is (likely) light in prospects and next year’s could be a little richer than usual.

9 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Jabril Cox

Nick Bolton

Asante Samuel Jr

Tyson Campbell 

Javonte Williams 

Good chance that none of these players will be available by late 2nd, but Cox and Campbell would be nice there.  I’m not against Samuel, but he is small for outside and even late 2nd seems a little rich for a slot/nickel.  

39 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

I dont want the jests or fish to have Javonte Williams

This.  Keep him, Trevon Moehrig,  Elijah Moore, JOK, Terrace Marshall and Kenneth Gainwel out of the AFCE 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

I think we go DB with our 2nd rounder and pick TE/RB/WR with our 3rd rounder.

I think DB is their preference, I don’t know who will be there for them.  CBs seem very hard to scout and it seems now they are mainly drafted on athletic traits.  I’m sure scheme fit matters a lot.  2nd round every year seems to produce a few “who?” CB picks.

Edited by OldTimer1960

27 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

If they are convinced that there is someone that is much better than anyone who will make it to 61, I would be on board.  Doing that, you would essentially be hanging the whole draft on the first two picks.  With many fewer declaring for the draft than normal this year, this draft is (likely) light in prospects and next year’s could be a little richer than usual.

Agreed. Trade with Raiders and leapfrog Miami depending on who is still on the board and after NE takes their selection. Depending on the player, it could be a strong move. Nothing left to our draft after that...

If Dwayne Eskridge is their for our 2nd round pick, I'd run the card in.

Dude would fill Roberts return role, is a dynamic WR/playmaker in general, and has lights out speed (former track star in HS too).  Plenty of tape to review, as he went the old school route of staying for the duration.  

I'd also like a CB, so it's a tough choice.  But Eskrdige is a guy that can play the slot, or outside.  He'd bring some speed and skillet that I'm sure Daboll would love.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I hope for 3 things:

1.  Bills nail it

2.  JOK doesn't land in AFC East

3.   Nobody here spoils the picks; at least without the hidden option. 

Thanks 

I think the spot they are in is no man's land,right know and need to move around for more valve

31 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

We should be able to stick at 61 and hopefully get Kelvin Joseph. My only concern is whatever happened to him at LSU has never surfaced.

You are right. I missed Kelvin Joseph there. The guy is a natural zone coverage corner and comes from DBU (though he transferred).  He is a natural fit for McD's defense. Since you asked - they never did say what the violation of team rules was. He was suspended from the Fiesta Bowl and he was pissed and entered the transfer portal - then withdrew and then went back. My understanding from talking to LSU diehards (who are anything but unbiased) - he couldnt take it that Stingley was the #1 corner (like Antonio Brown with JuJu). They still call him a quitter.

• Vomit 1