Mac Jones vs Zach Wilson

Mac Jones vs Zach Wilson  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Which AFC East Rookie QB are you most worried about? (State reasoning)

• Mac Jones
    • Zach Wilson
    • Neither. Both will bust.

Being that the majority of new NFL QBs don’t amount to much / are moved on from, the odds, frankly, are not in eithers favor. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I don't like Jones or Wilson. I am a Fields/Lance guy. I would have been very upset if the Pats wound up with Fields. I think Jones will probably have the better career when compared to Wilson, but he's going to have to be surrounded by a ton of talent to succeed. IMO he isn't better than Cam, and he likely never will be. To me, Jones is Matt Cassell/Andy Dalton level starter. I think he can definitely be successful, but he doesn't scare me. Maybe a Sam Bradford type ceiling. 

Wilson is not better than Darnold. I think he will get crushed and overwhelmed early in New York. I think it is a bad spot for that kid. Again, he doesn't scare me, but he could also wind up being a dynamic game breaking player. If they throw him in there right away, I think he gets ruined, quick. 

Fields is going to die in Chicago 

2 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Is this a joke? Stidham played last year and was garbage any time he was in.

Are we really giving participation trophies to 2nd and 3rd round picks?

Nobody on that list is an above average quarterback. Period. 

San Francisco drafted a QB at #3 because the current guy isn’t good enough and he’s the best out of all of Belichick’s failures.

How are you arguing any of this??

You said Bill Bellichick can't draft or develop Quarterbacks and I'm telling you that's BS. He drafted Brady, Garapollo, and a couple of decent back ups who went on to have 10+ year careers. And obviously they aren't all going to be great bc they're all late round picks, but for the round he drafted them in, most of them have churned out pretty decent careers.

I don't care if u agree w/ me. A good back up QB for a late rounder is a good pick in my book. Bellichick had Brady so he had no need to draft anybody high up. If you can take a flyer on somebody like Matt Cassel (in the late 7th) and flip him into a late 1st to Kansas City then you're doing pretty well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

When you look back at the Patriots drafting of QBs over the last 25 years the only guy they really hit a home run with was Brady...a 6th round miracle that nobody saw coming. 

Now granted, they haven't needed to draft a QB and yet they still did at times. Like someone else mentioned, Jimmy G is the best they drafted and he will be replaced by Trey Lance in SF.

The one thing we can all understand is that the Patriots will build such a good supporting cast around a QB... that a guy like Matt Cassel who was never a starter in College still managed to take NE to 10-5 when Brady went down for the season.  

The NE defense will be top 10 to 5. The offense will be stacked with talent enough to win ten games most seasons. 

Hence why the Bills are drafting for defense in 2021. 

Both QB's could easily bust and the Jets haven't found a good QB in forever! Not sold on Wilson until they build an offense around him, run game, O line, receivers. 

• Like (+1) 1

To add..most Franchises do not follow up with the second coming to their Franchise QB.

Saint didn't 

Pittsburgh doesn't have one

Colts had to tank to get luck which he became injured 

Denver didn't w Elway..and waited awhile to get Manning 

The fins didn't after Marino..there are a host of other teams. 

BB does deserve some criticism for drafting but you guys are not doing your homework 

Cause he drafts decent defensive players..he sucks on the offensive end of the ball but again most Franchises do not draft their second coming..

Who knows if Love can play after Rodgers leaves...

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Jesus was no good at football, everybody knows that

The way his his team is built there are  always too many men on the field.

14 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Fields is going to die in Chicago 

Why do you say that? He looks to have the makings of a solid pro career. 

18 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Rodgers was groomed in a good situation.  Zach wilson is getting thrown to the wolves on a team with holes all over the place that couldve hit home runs at a ton of other positions with the number 2 overall pick.  We did something similar with Josh I feel like but Josh works so hard on his game in the offseason and I just dont get that same vibe from Wilson.  Thats based on nothing though so maybe he'll prove me wrong lol

Huge BYU fan here. Also, big Bills fan here in WNY. One thing that many (even some BYU fans) don’t know is that Zach is an absolute football junkie. He eats, sleeps, and breathes football. He doesn’t have a ton of hobbies . . . he’s a home-body and you won’t find him hanging out with tons of friends. He will be studying the playbook, watching film, working on his footwork, and making throws and he won’t get tired of doing those things. 

The windfall of money won’t be an issue with him like it might be for some 20 year old kids. You won’t see him blowing through his money . . . he’s actually a low-maintenance kid but does have a ton of confidence.

Outside of football and dealing with the speed of the NFL, some things that might be a challenge for him could be the shock factor of the big market and the huge spotlight. He’s already having to deal with NY media talking about his mom and her physical appearance. He was even asked about it on KFAN in NY and his response showed that he was clearly bothered by it and didn’t want to deal with it. So, he will have to deal with a lot of different press that he’s not used to dealing with. 

Now, will he be a bust? Very well could be, but I guarantee you that you will never hear anyone in the Jets organization say Zach didn’t give 100% or that he came unprepared to practice. 

Go Bills!

IRT comments that Alabama plays a cupcake schedule.  They played an SEC pure schedule this year due to COVID.  Amazing accomplishments during an unprecedented year of challenges.  

Mac Jones has the talent to succeed in the NFL.  I don’t think he’ll be a HOFer but I he’ll be serviceable.  The BYU kid doesn’t impress me.  I don’t think his body is ready for a full NFL season.  The Jets haven’t shown an ability to take care of or develop QBs.  17 regular season games this year.  Wilson won’t make it to the end.

Neither guy scares me, but I'm sure our AFC East brethren thought the same thing about Josh when he was drafted.

But that's the great thing about having a top-5 QB who is only 24 years old.  It doesn't much matter what our divisional rivals do.  We are going to be in the playoffs annually for the next 10+ years, and the years where it really comes together, we'll be playing in conference championship games and Super Bowls.  Basically, as long as Josh stays healthy, we don't need to worry.  We just get to sit back, put our feet up, and enjoy the ride.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I don't like Jones or Wilson. I am a Fields/Lance guy. I would have been very upset if the Pats wound up with Fields. I think Jones will probably have the better career when compared to Wilson, but he's going to have to be surrounded by a ton of talent to succeed. IMO he isn't better than Cam, and he likely never will be. To me, Jones is Matt Cassell/Andy Dalton level starter. I think he can definitely be successful, but he doesn't scare me. Maybe a Sam Bradford type...

I don’t disagree. However, Mac Jones has Matt Ryan's skillet, and is a qb not unlike the one who just left NE. His number's at 'bama are madden-like. Him with McDaniels worries me more, though I think Wilson has the more raw talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m strictly a Trevor Lawrence and Trey Lance guy. I’m kind of on the fence about Wilson, I mean, he could be good but I just don’t see it. He’s the one I’m most unsure about. I do not believe that Fields or Jones will be any good either. I also think that Lawrence will be good, but not a generational player. I think if the 49ers hang onto Jimmy Garoppolo for a few years until his contract runs out and they sit Lance on the bench and develop him, that would likely be quite a decent outcome for them long term.